• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Puck to be in Future Past movie?

135 posts in this topic

I haven't seen it since seeing it in Charlotte 2 years ago when it came out. Can't wait to see it again to see if it holds up.

As a huge X-MEN fan ( issues 1-143 ) very little jibed with me. Characters not in character...total mishmash.

I did see it. I liked Fassbender as Magneto, everything else...not so much.

:tonofbricks:

I want to know which movies you hate. I'll probably love them all.

My anti-Ebert.

:headbang:

It would probably be easier for me if you just named a movie and then I can tell you if I liked it or not.

My anti-Ebert.

It would probably be easier for me if you just named a movie and then I can tell you if I liked it or not.

13th Warrior?

My anti-Ebert.

13th Warrior?

I haven't seen that in years, but I think I remember it being decent hm

Normally if it's a movie I loathe ( like Lost Highway ) it leaves a lasting impression.

My anti-Ebert.

Considering how many movies you dislike you're probably right. lol

Was it a lot like the mini? I never read it.

Was it a comic? I didn't know. I just saw the movie.

I was under the impression it had been a series ( or mini ), which is why I wasn't as quick to judge it as I believe people were saying it was close to the source and it obviously wasn't close to the original X-MEN.

It had pretty much zero to do with the original X-men but as a mutant movie it was superb. Over the top action, top notch CGI and makeup, good acting, decent story. I'd put it right up there with Iron Man (and Avengers :baiting: ).

I think the only real reason it didn't make as much of an impression as Iron Man, Spider-man or Avengers is because the characters were not as recognizable and not marketed with the same force because they used a lot of relatively unknown characters - B tier stuff.

But as a stand alone move it was worth making the effort to see in the big screen. It hit all the fan boy sweet spots a movie could hit for a Superhero flick.

If it wasn't based on a series and they went to the trouble of making a period piece, why not just have made it the original X-MEN instead? Now that would have been sweet :luhv:

I don't know. Marketing? Going for the Twilight crowd with younger actors and actresses? Who knows? You should see it though. It's a good watch.

Rose Byrne.

My anti-Ebert.

The Seven Samurai.

My anti-Ebert.

The Seven Samurai.

Liked it, though I do prefer the American remake.

My anti-Ebert.

Considering how many movies you dislike you're probably right. lol

:P

This movie is starting to sound like a train wreck.

A shame after the great X-Men First Class. I wonder why they had to bring back Bryan Singer? hm

I'm wondering that as well. Matthew Vaughn did better than Singer has ever done on a superhero film, and looking over Vaughn's IMDB resume, he has no other directing projects lined up. So why not bring him back? (shrug)