• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Weeks to ECCC

9 posts in this topic

or 14 Days to ECCC

I can't wait and yet I have too. I have been working extra hours not so much to spend at the show but to make up for what I am going to lose not working that weekend and more than any other convention I am looking forward to it. Next week I plan on having all my comic books ready to go. I am still debating on what to bring. Should I get all four issues of Marvels signed, will I let CGC crack my AM #129, How many issues of Sandman should I get signed? There is such a multitude of things I want to do.

The organizers themselves garnished me with a press pass and I know there will be so many things to write about. The one thing I do fear is that this might be the best convention I ever go to and what if there is never a better one. ECCC has artists, writers, inkers, pencilers, and other creators abound. Of course CGC will be there. Want to expand my collection but it seems like I am just taking my 9.8's and adding signatures to them. Not a very profitable way of doing things but I don't plan on selling these books. If I do crack the ASM, it will be my fifth and final time I ever crack that slab.

I have also been playing with the idea of bringing many books for signatures but not grading. I want to have fun and am wary I will spread myself to thin, but who am I kidding, if I am going to a comic book convention I am doing a lot with CGC. Even if I don't have books to get signed I will be standing in line with the likes of RonnyLama, Lee K. and I hope quite a few others.

Have you been to an ECCC before? What do you do? Do you dress up? Do you look for bargains? Take pictures? Get signatures? Grade books? Please pass along any information to help out since each con is different, the only thing I know to do that should be done at every con is bring bottled water, good walking shoes, and lots of money.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

http://ashotofcomics.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-new-valiant-roundabout-review.html

13073.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I've never been to ECCC before but everything I have heard about it is making me count the days. Between getting books signed and autographs I am supposed to get for people I forsee a long weekend of standing in line lol . I am really looking forward to the boardie dinner on Sat too.

I've never been to ECCC before but everything I have heard about it is making me count the days. Between getting books signed and autographs I am supposed to get for people I forsee a long weekend of standing in line lol . I am really looking forward to the boardie dinner on Sat too.

Please enlighten me, the Boardie dinner?

highradart set up a boardie dinner for Sat night after the con closes. It was posted in the Comic Events forum. Private dinner room at one of the hotels etc etc. Not too expensive for a good dinner either. I assume is is still open to signups.

highradart set up a boardie dinner for Sat night after the con closes. It was posted in the Comic Events forum. Private dinner room at one of the hotels etc etc. Not too expensive for a good dinner either. I assume is is still open to signups.

For the board inadequate...me. Could you send me a link?

For the board inadequate...me. Could you send me a link?

Found it. Thank you.