• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 98 NM+ Drug Issue eBay #221187897996 Ends This Sunday 17th

2 posts in this topic

I've had this particular NM+ comic book in my collection for over 30+ years. I really hate to part with it, but my life dictates it must go! As long as I can find a happy home for it, I'll be content. Someone will be fortunate to treasure this copy as much as I have. The photos really don't do this comic book justice.

eBay #221187897996 ends Sunday Feb 17, 2013 17:15:21 PST

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221187897996?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Z-Look-eBayAuctions_zpsad3e9d59.jpg

eBay6_zpsc58c93f0.jpg

Z-ManMagnifyingGlass-OK_zps13a2faf2.jpg Over-spray is usually an unobtrusive indigo, purple, blue or green ink that often appears on the upper edge and

sometimes spine of a book. It was common that distributors would code bundles of books by spraying the top edges with a colored liquid mist. This

was done as a method of identification used by distributors so they would know which books were the ones they distributed (there were multiple distributors).

Often books would be returned to distributors, and in the event of a return distributors only accepted books they originally distributed, and not books from

other distributors. From what I have gathered through various collectors, a small bit of "over-spray" will not decrease the value of a book.

eBay6a_zps021ad5cb.jpg

Z2-SpidermanHeader1Yellow_zps7d710980.jpg