• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Spidey 102 and Marvel Superheros 14.....

5 posts in this topic

I apologize, but I've run out of space on my FTP and had to resort to using Angelfire. Just some LCS finds. I know I overpaid for at least one of them.

Page quality with the Marvel Superhero is a about OW/W. Spidey 102 is a little better. Somewhere between W and OW/W, but not exactly close enough that I'd feel comfortable saying it was definitely W (I'm very picky about PQ). Covers on both have a fairly nice gloss.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct2/Jarhead/spidey/spidey.htm

So much for my promise to my wife of just sticking with a small number of Batman books.

Yep. The Spidey looked like a 9.0-9.2 at the time, but after I got home and really examined it, I'd probably grade it between a 8.0-8.5. I guess I got blinded by how well the pages looked and the amount of gloss still on the cover. The binding is really tight for a square bound book like this as well. Still, at $120, it's definitely more than what I would have paid for a raw book in this condition.

The MSH #14 was only $10 so I'm not complaining there :grin:

It looks like the LR spine is somewhat ripping, or wearing out.

On the bottom of the back cover there is also a bump crease, and a slight bump on the URC, so I’d feel more comfortable calling it a VF+, but it is a very nice copy.

I have become quite mindful about better page quality as well, as the preservation of the book depends a lot on the aging of paper, but also because with white the printed page stand out and offer a better reading experience. :)

A nice Spidey #102 still eludes me, but mostly because I did not wish to pay too much for it. I concentrated my resources in finding a nice #101, and I was satisfied by a midgrade #102 I bought in the $35 range.