• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I spent 300 bucks on WHAT?

417 posts in this topic

There are no really nice $300 shotguns. Just sayin ;)

Remington 870, staple of the military, law enforcement, and home defense.... available at most sporting goods stores somewhere around $300, and at a big sporting good chain whose name gets *spooned* on this board for $330, and with a coupon for 10% off it's right at $300.

Same with Mossberg 500...about $280, civilian model of the military shotgun.

Just import a couple of Roadrunners they will take the focus off the cats...Or set up some 4 X 8 sheets of plywood and paint a door or a tunnel entrance on them...After years of research on TV this is the best way to take care of the issue..

We had a fisher cat in the back woods, now that there is a nasty bugger...Screeches like a banshee

A Fisher will tear a coyote up.

bhhfk1.jpg

Saiga 12 with 20 round drums are the way to go when it comes to clearing out any coyotes or other pesky critters. :)

:cloud9:

That's somewhere on my purchase list.

:gossip: That magazine is already illegal in many places, has been for a while.

Good thing I live in a free state.

My Uncles dog got in a fight with a coyote once. He got his gun but it was too late. I'd be worried about your cats.

Also a pack of coyotes? That seems odd... Where do you live? I've also never seen 100 lb coyote's either. They are usually pretty mangy. Are you sure these aren't some sort of wolf or wild dog?

My Uncles dog got in a fight with a coyote once. He got his gun but it was too late. I'd be worried about your cats.

Also a pack of coyotes? That seems odd... Where do you live? I've also never seen 100 lb coyote's either. They are usually pretty mangy. Are you sure these aren't some sort of wolf or wild dog?

The coyotes here, the Great Smoky Mountains, look like large, white German shepherds. Very muscular and very intimidating.

The coyotes here, the Great Smoky Mountains, look like large, white German shepherds. Very muscular and very intimidating.

Really? Wow. I lived in Wyoming for a long time working for an outfitter. I saw a lot of Coyote's and heard even more. Was never that intimidated by them though.

I had read once that they a more aggressive then given credit in the wild, but the ones I saw looked like big foxes almost.

Have you seen them in packs though?

Really? Wow. I lived in Wyoming for a long time working for an outfitter. I saw a lot of Coyote's and heard even more. Was never that intimidated by them though.

I had read once that they a more aggressive then given credit in the wild, but the ones I saw looked like big foxes almost.

Have you seen them in packs though?

I've seen two together, but that was it. I no longer go walking over at the river towards dusk, though. No more face to face encounters for me. No sir, no way, thank you.

well i had a decision to make.

i could buy alot of books with 300 bucks, or a really nice key book?

BUT, when I was outside at midnight on wednesday I heard a coyote howling and the dogs barking in the distance.

So, to protect our cats, i bought a really nice 12 guage instead of comics.

did u see that comin?

:headbang:

Award for most Friday threads in one tenure.

well, the cats werent the only reason i bought it, i am a big man and can handle 2 or 3 coyotes with my bat, problem is my dad saw a pack last month of 9. At about 100 lbs or so apiece, that is a problem.

9 coyotes can tear a man to shreads, so i bought a pump that holds 8 shells. and when turned around makes a pretty good bat.

i dont plan on being a really big meal to a bunch of coyotes. plus crime is up even around here, some girl broke in on an elderly lady last week, and the elderly lady whipped her arse :sumo: but she needed an arsewhippin.

I typically don't respond to this type of stuff, but were the heck do you come up with 100 lb coyotes when they range from 27-50 lbs depending on region. I'm sure 9 coyotes can bring a man down , but seriously you have a better chance of winning the lottery multiple times over than this actually happening. Damn man some posts are better left to your imagination than being posted.

your'e right, i called my dad and asked him again, he said he got coyotes and wolves mixed up and wolves can measure up to 150 lbs or so, and coyotes are quicker than hickups and weigh bout 50 lbs max.

so you finally got one right...good for you :golfclap:

Gee, that degree in forestry and wildlife management I got must be wrong. Here is a quick quote from a a wildlife website. "Coyotes found in low deserts and valleys weigh about 20 pounds, less than half of their mountain kin, who can weigh up to 50 pounds" I live in the desert and the 20 lb size refers to my region the the 50 lb refers to to his. We are talking coyotes not hybrids.

But can a man who's not very fast and weighs 400lbs. beat a pack with a baseball bat? :roflmao:

NO NO NO NO, i said i could handle maybe 3 with a bat, not a pack. and just cause im big, dont mean i cant swing a fast bat. fear helps get my speed up to a much faster level than normal :fear:

Gee, that degree in forestry and wildlife management I got must be wrong. Here is a quick quote from a a wildlife website. "Coyotes found in low deserts and valleys weigh about 20 pounds, less than half of their mountain kin, who can weigh up to 50 pounds" I live in the desert and the 20 lb size refers to my region the the 50 lb refers to to his. We are talking coyotes not hybrids.

But can a man who's not very fast and weighs 400lbs. beat a pack with a baseball bat? :roflmao:

NO NO NO NO, i said i could handle maybe 3 with a bat, not a pack. and just cause im big, dont mean i cant swing a fast bat. fear helps get my speed up to a much faster level than normal :fear:

3 is a pack.I can also guarantee that you could not handle 3 coyotes attacking you,once one gets a hold of you and gets you on the ground you are dog food.