• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I wouldn't touch a virgin ECCC with a marker, I wouldn't let the risen Jack Kirby touch it with a marker.

A blue label 9.4 should rival a 9.8 CGC/SS in desirability....simply because they were all meant to be signed.

Edited by krighton

Get ready boys, girls and other genders for my booty shot of the day:

MY_BOOTY_04132013.jpg

Frank signing five ghosts for one of his youngest and newest fans:

FRANK_04132013.jpg

A little sneak peak at just one tasty panel of FG#2:

TRIPPY_PANEL.jpg

Once again it was a pleasure to see Frank in full effect today at the signing...he's gotta be one of the most friendly and approachable folks I've met and I'm sure by now he's getting the heebie jeebies from the amount of times I've shown up already...LMAO! If the material wasn't so off the chain, I wouldn't bother...so if you're creeped the f-out Frank take it as a high compliment from me....I don't stalk too often!

Story keeps getting better and if I'm not revealing more than I should there's already been 'preliminary' discussion of how to transition from issue 5 to 6 and beyond. That should get folks in a tizzy for sure....

This comic reminds me of all the things that attracted me as a kid and kept my interest as an adult. It's nostalgic and at the same time contemporary and cool.

Frank and Chris: you've got a huge winner on your hands and I'm privileged to see it developing from the very start. Keep on truckin' you two because as long as you keep pumping out quality like this you've got my $ and attention. :)

as long as the numbering is legacy or consistent or whatever you want to call it, they can transition however they want...just don't start over the numbering at 1.

Edited by krighton

you know an unsigned eccc cgc could indeed go for more if for some reason someone wants to buy it & get it signed them self :) krighton has a point ...

Get ready boys, girls and other genders for my booty shot of the day:

MY_BOOTY_04132013.jpg

TRIPPY_PANEL.jpg

Picture #1 ... :mad: I hate you lol:cloud9:

Picture #2 ... epic non facepalm facepalm :)

Edited by synch

as long as the numbering is legacy or consistent or whatever you want to call it, they can transition however they want...just don't start over the numbering at 1.

My understanding is that issues 1-5 will comprise an entire arc. Issue 6 will start a new arc but mostly all the background info. about Fabian and the Dreamstone will be fleshed out by issue 4. So you may see starting with issue #6 another set of 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc...although don't quote me on it. The only sure thing is that there is intent to go beyond issue 5 with more issues and that it's being discussed how to make that transition seamless and congruent.

you know an unsigned eccc cgc could indeed go for more if for some reason someone wants to buy it & get it signed them self :) krighton has a point ...

Picture #1 ... :mad: I hate you lol:cloud9:

Picture #2 ... epic non facepalm facepalm :)

Not sure I completely understand, but I wouldn't want to get my unsigned/unnumbered ECCC either signed or numbered. If I did, it would be with CGC oversight to get a Yellow label....if not it'll defintiely come back Green label...which would tank the value.

Picture #1: no hate required....those will be available everywhere that stocks 5 ghosts this week. I was just lucky enough to run into Frank and his comps of wonder!

Picture #2: I said that I thougth the art from issue #2 looked psychedelic to Frank....and he flipped through the pages to show me that panel.....which was uber psychedelic. Looks like Fabian dropped two hits of blotter and a coupla biscuits before hitting a rave......

The art is extraordinary in every sense of the word and I'm already on the OA train for issue #2.....chooo.....choooo!!!!

What is it about this book that you guys like? Read it today, wanted to love it. Didn't. It's basically Ben10 with 5 victorian-era archetypes. And sometimes the powers don't work right, like Greatest American Hero?

Somebody hit me with a PM if this book gets good.

I love the art, concept, story and overall execution. Everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion of course, but as you know opinions are like individual_without_enough_empathys: everyone has one. We'll be sure to PM you however if we think it merits your attention.

I love the art, concept, story and overall execution. Everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion of course, but as you know opinions are like individual_without_enough_empathys: everyone has one. We'll be sure to PM you however if we think it merits your attention.

GFY huckster. Have fun trying to make some monie$$$

GFY huckster. Have fun trying to make some monie$$$

That's cool bro, but quite an inept and uneducated assessment of me. I've never sold a comic to anyone anywhere for anything. How about you Huckleberry?

But I'll just get back to enjoying the comic, won't be dignifying any more of your inane responses and prattle. I know your MO is usually to be a dooshnozzle in the forums so have at it.

What is it about this book that you guys like? Read it today, wanted to love it. Didn't. It's basically Ben10 with 5 victorian-era archetypes. And sometimes the powers don't work right, like Greatest American Hero?

Somebody hit me with a PM if this book gets good.

I know how you feel. There are a few books that people on these boards love that I just don't get. This however, feels like a winner.

I have never seen Ben 10 but my kids liked it. I absolutely loved Greatest American Hero...believe it or not, I'm flying on air :)

I liked this book enough to go back and pay above cover to buy more because I think others are going to love it also.The writer packed a lot of story in one comic ( heck, in the first 4 pages ) and I really liked the art. I don't know why but it reminded me a little of Frank Miller and a little of Mike Mignola. Good company to be in as far as I'm concerned.

I will be back for more and I hope they decide to make this an ongoing if they have more high quality stories to tell.

I didn't even think about Ben 10 when I read this...more like a Frank Buck, Indiana Jones, Ripley's Believe it or Not type of comic. I liked the concept and the artwork.

Yeah, Indiana Jones was in the back of my head as I read this. Maybe because of the German soldiers or maybe because I felt something bad could happen to Fabian or his friend at any moment ;-)