• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOTB Poll on Starpc's Resignation!

Should he stay or should he go?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or should he go?

71 posts in this topic

I look through the 23 pages in the other thread and the 6 here. This is the only starpc quote from a PM

I'm sorry she feels she was unable to compete.

Since before the name calling started, she was able to compete jointly with her husband. I don't see this as "extremely high horse" or viscous in any way. It certainly didn't justify some of the nasty things that were said about starpc in that thread. (not directed at you or anyone particular)

Again, I don't know what was really said in PM, and I think most people here don't know either.

I think mistakes were made by a number of people (starpc included) and things got nasty when the mob took over.

I think a lot of this was misunderstanding do to the message boards being a poor tool to communicate. I learned the hard way back in the instant messaging days that multiple people can read the same thing and get completely different ideas from it. :(

I just had a PM conversation with myself. The Rylluminati decided that Italian subs are the Best of the Best subs, narrowly beating out steak and cheese. WHO WANTS TO FIGHT ABOUT IT??? :sumo::sumo::sumo:

I just had a PM conversation with myself. The Rylluminati decided that Italian subs are the Best of the Best subs, narrowly beating out steak and cheese. WHO WANTS TO FIGHT ABOUT IT??? :sumo::sumo::sumo:

You my friend are the smartest guy on the boards lately! :applause:

And I agree Italian subs all the way!

I look through the 23 pages in the other thread and the 6 here. This is the only starpc quote from a PM

I'm sorry she feels she was unable to compete.

I did see that.

The way that's worded has the exact same affect on the person demanding the apology as when you have a fight with your wife, where you've screwed up, and she's standing there waiting to you to apologize and all you can come up with is:

"I'm sorry......that you feel that way."

lol

Its as if you had a window into my house! (thumbs u

We all have that window into your house. I see a lot of Fred Savage posters. Pretty weird, dude.

So you have seen "The Shrine"

The walls you can't see are dedicated to Alf and Duran Duran! :cool:

Paul Litch speaks, and I'm listen.

:wishluck:

Comix4fun is way more eloquent and concise than I am, so I'll just say that I echo his sentiments.

Beyond that, a detail that people seem to leave out is that even if a rule was broken, Fred decided to let it go and forfeit his position in the contest to let Jamie's piece compete. Even so, the contest got the axe. Why?

Here's the rule that people keep saying was broken:

:rulez:

RULES #3

If you know of a sketch that you think is the best nominate it. One nomination per owner. Owner with multiple sketches nominated must pick only one sketch to be voted on.

Fred tried to fix it so both he and Jamie could compete with their separate sketches and here's starpc's response:

I needed to update my caf..... Just did.... So now can ninashinobu enter the romita?

We all know she's your wife and you both have a combined CAF. So no, as per rule 3 you must pick one sketch. You aren't fooling anyone. Don't make me invoke rule 11.

Quite rude, but Fred rolled with it and gave a slightly (albeit deserved) snarky comment:

Oh no! The sketch dictator put his foot down.... Ill play your game and go with the romita.

Fred knew it was BS, but he played by the rules and still got burned and both he and Jamie were disrespected in the process. At worst, Fred should have been ineligible for the Firestar contest and Jamie would have competed with her Romita. Realistically, since these contests are for fun, Jamie should have been able to compete with her Romita while Fred competed with his Rousseau against anyone else who had a Firestar sketch. After all, the more the merrier in the fun competition, right? :eyeroll:

According to the rules as they're written, Jamie and Fred were wronged and deserve an apology.

According to the standards of human decency, Jamie was wronged and deserves an apology.

Saying starpc has a lot on his plate doing these online contests does not give him free reign to disrespect anyone in such a manner.