• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOTB Poll on Starpc's Resignation!

Should he stay or should he go?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or should he go?

71 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]By the Moderadors:[/font] :rulez:

The following behaviors may result in action taken by board moderators This is not an exhaustive list, it is only intended to be a series of examples to help clarify what is meant.

* Threads started explicitly to bash other members

The following behaviors may result in action taken by board moderators This is not an exhaustive list, it is only intended to be a series of examples to help clarify what is meant.

Asking whether or not someone should resign a post isn't the same as bashing a board member.

If the poll had asked which epithet best described that board member it might be bashing, as it is, it's a simple poll regarding someone's position of power, and the abuse thereof to the detriment of another board member, and whether or not that person should keep that position of power.

I was torn between the first and third options. If starpc can muster a sincere apology to both Jamie and Fred, they should forgive him and we should move on. If there's no apology...resignation.

I don't think I'll be participating in the BotB until one or the other happens. :(

I was torn between the first and third options. If starpc can muster a sincere apology to both Jamie and Fred, they should forgive him and we should move on. If there's no apology...resignation.

I don't think I'll be participating in the BotB until one or the other happens. :(

Power tripping is detrimental almost always.

Power tripping on something that's supposed to be fun for everyone is just plain sad and totally destroys the intent of the activity.

So I am with you.

TY for pointing out exactly what is happening here :D

No it's not. Not a single post here says anything about you that could be construed as bashing.

well while this is all getting sorted out I am going to go ahead and take it upon myself to run the challenges and the current firestar/iceman contest that Fred requested. If the majority of the public wants to replace Steven from doing it then I guess I will do it full time if that is what needs to happen to see the BOTB stay a float.

No one can make a person apologize, several of us have expressed our opinions publicly and privately about what should be done. If something happens because of that then great. I for one am hopeful we can see the BOTB move forward and not be held hostage or completely destroyed because of this.

Sad. just sad.

well while this is all getting sorted out I am going to go ahead and take it upon myself to run the challenges and the current firestar/iceman contest that Fred requested. If the majority of the public wants to replace Steven from doing it then I guess I will do it full time if that is what needs to happen to see the BOTB stay a float.

No one can make a person apologize, several of us have expressed our opinions publicly and privately about what should be done. If something happens because of that then great. I for one am hopeful we can see the BOTB move forward and not be held hostage or completely destroyed because of this.

No reason one person's actions should destroy something that could be fun and positive. (thumbs u

You're acting like a codpiece and being called out for it. I hardly see that as bashing.

Bribe coming via PM to get a Rogue contest.

(tsk) got to hold out until Heroes on Rogue lol that is when my Brooks will be done.

(tsk) got to hold out until Heroes on Rogue lol that is when my Brooks will be done.

Already manipulating the contests! I'm sensing a power trip!

Ebas vs Brooks would be bltchin.

Where once did I say anything bad about Nina? Where did I say she wasn't a person? This all started when due to some very odd circumstances in the Firestarter poll. I have yet to say a single negative thing. Any yet I've been verbally trashed in both the public boards and PMs.

These contests take over 20 hours a week to maintain, so their is little desire for anyone to want to run them when their hard work isn't appreciated. A fellow friend tried to mediate a amicable end to all this, and my initial response was greeted with vulgar language. Why should I respond to vulgar threats and language? Would you?

Where once did I say anything bad about Nina? Where did I say she wasn't a person? This all started when due to some very odd circumstances in the Firestarter poll. I have yet to say a single negative thing. Any yet I've been verbally trashed in both the public boards and PMs.

These contests take over 20 hours a week to maintain, so their is little desire for anyone to want to run them when their hard work isn't appreciated. A fellow friend tried to mediate a amicable end to all this, and my initial response was greet with vulgar language. Why should I respond to vulgar threats and language? Would you?

Since it's not clear, let's recap.

Jamie's Romita firestar was nominated. Then Fred's firestar was nominated. Since they were both in the same CAF you assumed it was the same owner.

That's when you posted this:

You are only allowed one entry.

Fred corrected your assumption

I needed to update my caf..... Just did.... So now can ninashinobu enter the romita?

At which point your reaction was puzzling....

We all know she's your wife and you both have a combined CAF. So no, as per rule 3 you must pick one sketch. You aren't fooling anyone. Don't make me invoke rule 11.

You made the assumption he was trying to game the competition, and that it could not have possibly been Jamie's sketch.

Jamie was insulted. Look back and see what you said. You accused Fred of, basically, lying about whose sketch it was which is insulting to Fred and to Jamie. She's allowed to have her own sketches, her own collection, and to be addressed directly.

NOTE: At this point it could still be assumed you didn't mean to be dismissive to Jamie and insulting to Fred. That this was a misunderstanding and that you weren't trying to ignore Jamie or be insulting to her...but then you went on to make it a hell of a lot worse.

Jamie responded....angrily and requested an explanation from you, several times. To which you ignored her and posted this...replying to Greedo and not Jamie.

We are invoking rule 11. alpha - Please pick a new category. If you choose not to, we will leave it up to a public poll for the next category.

11) The winner decides the next category.

a) It can be something simple as Best of the Best %character% or %artist%; or something as complex as Best of the Best Blue Pants (character must be wearing blue pants lol ).

b) It can be as narrow or broad as the winner wants. Let your imagination run wild.

c) If it is so narrow that only one book can compete, the winner must pick a new category. If no new category can be picked, a new one will be selected based on a public poll.

See how this went? Jamie gets nominated, you respond to Fred, insult them both, and then when asked repeatedly by Jamie for an explanation you ignore her posts, respond to other people further reinforcing that you've dismissed her, her ability to have sketches of her own, and that her questions were worthy of being answered.

Then Jamie posted again, in response to the above asking for answers and why you were ignoring her:

Can someone please explain to me, WHY THE HELL I am being completely Ignored.

At which point you decided all questions that warranted an answer were answered, obviously, because they then closed the thread and turned your back and walked away from it.

When the thread didn't die as you'd hoped you returned to (several) boardies demanding you apologize and posted:

Fred picked a new category yesterday. That poll will be posted when time allows. That is the last I'm going to say on this matter.

You were then running multiple threads instead of dealing with your actions in the Firestar thread.

Are you really saying YOU are the victim here, that your own actions and failure to act didn't bring this down on yourself? Your actions and who you chose to respond to and who you ignored and the assumptions you made were the insults.

if i did something that made me look like a b itchwipe. i wouldnt have to have someone mediate. it would never come to the vulgar language.

just a simple " i am sorry ". maybe an " i didnt mean it the way it went down and im sorry ". but i would make it right.

i have only been in a couple of these botb contest. for my part until the lady gets her apology in a public forum just like she was ignored in a public forum. im done with them.