• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Lynch's vision of Dune. Yes...I am still a fan.

51 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who also likes the version done by the sci-fi channel and its sequel?

I like em.

Would appreciate em more if they had finished the series.

This property deserves 7-10 A list Hollywood movies.

Am I the only one who also likes the version done by the sci-fi channel and its sequel?

I liked this TV version better than Lynch's. Obviously it was made at lower production values, but I thought they did a better job despite the budget they had to work with.

Dear newshane,

Oldshane called and said for you to get your back to 1984. Your critiques are needed for a Dungeons and Dragons tournament being held in his mother's basement.

That is all.

xoxo,

Dice

lol lol lol

Part of me would like to see a God Emperor movie just to witness the pure evil of Leto III.

But I can't imagine being able to accurately capture that on film. It would make a horrible translation.

A giant hyrbid sandworm/human giving his captive (literally) audience drawn out philosophical monologues.

And poor Duncan. Reduced to the role of a self-destructing pet.