• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie's London Super Comic Convention Thread!

557 posts in this topic

Are you going for the meal and drink on Saturday night, Adam?

I may be meeting up with someone on Saturday night so it's not looking very likely I'm afraid.

That's a shame, well come and say hello anyway. I'll be on the table next to Comicana.

Travel tickets are sorted, journey across London printed out and the following comics wrapped for the 260 mile sojourn down south.

Are you planning to take your coach through cobblestone streets? :eek:

Absolutely - through the fog.

So, around 19 hours to go before we head to the ExCeL for set-up. Dealers are supposed to be in by 3.00pm, but Garry (gaz973) and I are helping out with building the stands and booths, so early start tomorrow. :(

Actually, it's a real early start, as the pair of us - along with some much needed help from David (Max Carnage) - are loading the van tonight.

Despite panic earlier in the week, the Comicana operation is now running ultra-smoothly. All books have been pulled, labelled, boxed and are in order. Pre-sales have been pulled and put aside. New stock has been processed and worked in. Vital paraphernalia has been located, checked for working order and bundled together.

Clearly it's now just a matter of waiting for it all to go tits up. :eek:

You just thought the van was secured :devil:

Thanks for gassing it up for me! :banana:

Right, the day has dawned grey and chill, so not much change there, then. :facepalm:

Seem to strangely have my mess together, so the sense of foreboding grows by the minute. On the road in 45 minutes and then hilarity will, I'm sure, ensue. :eek:

If you need me and have my mobile number, give me a call. If you need me and don't have my mobile number...there's probably a good reason for that. :/

Hope everybody has a good journey! (thumbs u

Jamie, we're all so sorry you won't be joining us this weekend, so we're going to be attempting to bring a flavour of the convention to you. (thumbs u

Everybody who's attending, can you please post anything and everything relating to the show in this thread, the good, the bad and the ugly, the preparations, the delivery...and the consequences! :eek:

Of particular interest will be cosplay chicks, cool books and embarrassing moments.

And can somebody please leave a turkey sandwich in their car so we get maximum traction?

This great guys hope I can stay fit enough to keep up with it

We're hoping that Nick can stay fit enough to keep up with it. :hi: