• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie's London Super Comic Convention Thread!

557 posts in this topic

Photo4.jpg

Wow - Chris did work hard.

Now that is a hairy chest you can sink your teeth into :headbang:

Chesperito, that's your Wolverine mate from last year, this was his Sunday best outfit

He looks more like Wolverine than Jack Man does.

Hi All,

As promised I've joined the boards after LSCC :-)

I'm the ComicCon virgin who was there with Dave (Max Carnage). It was great to meet a whole bunch of you (the wrong way round by meeting many of you in person before on the forums!!) and I look forward to sticking around here and meeting up at future events.

Hi All,

I'm the ComicCon virgin who was there with Dave (Max Carnage). It was great to meet a whole bunch of you (the wrong way round by meeting many of you in person before on the forums!!) and I look forward to sticking around here and meeting up at future events.

WTTBs!!! :applause: :applause: :applause::banana:

Hi All,

Hey, welcome to the boards mate. You made it.

I'm Matt :hi:

WTTB, I'm Darren, the one with matching spider web app on your screen.

Still gutted about that - having dismantled part of it I've now determined that the digitizer is shattered too, so would be about a £300 repair bill to fix (with no guarantees!).

I could buy a whole bunch of books for that money! :-(

WTTB, I'm Darren, the one with matching spider web app on your screen.

Still gutted about that - having dismantled part of it I've now determined that the digitizer is shattered too, so would be about a £300 repair bill to fix (with no guarantees!).

I could buy a whole bunch of books for that money! :-(

Ouch, need mine done, fed up with the screen slicing my finger

Guess which boardie promised to start being nicer?

I promise to be nicer and much more talkative.

:hi: Paul, I miss you from the general chat thread, you were the only one up as late as me.

I hope you are okay :foryou:

On the Friday might - which boardie left their man-bag behind in the pub when we all moved into the next room for some food, only realising about an hour later that he'd lost it?

Luckily I found it for him - strangely enough it was still in the same spot with a huge crop-like circle around it, as if the pub punters wanted to avoid anything touched by a comic geek. lol

For some unknown reason my phone became the object of much hilarity for a few people. When placed next to Joey's high-tech mobile/cell it was still resistant enough to fight off the Bork like attempt at assimilation.

That same phone had it's alarm go off at 7.30 on the Saturday - a bright start even though the early bird customers couldn't get into the venue before 9.30.

Garry and I made our way to the Tesco Express first and I made the mistake in buying some of their cardboard flavoured ham sandwiches.

Once in the Excel Centre we greeted our next door neighbours on the Comicana stall and set about displaying the wall books - at least I did once Garry realised that he'd left some slabs and all of his money back at the hotel. doh!

It was a 10 minute round trip for the hotel but for some reason he was gone for nearly 30 minutes, while I failed miserably at trying to engage Bob Storms in conversation as he patiently waited to talk to Garry about purchasing some of his books.

Still - it ended being a good selling start, even before the doors had opened.