• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italian Marvels

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone else seen these Italian silver age Marvels? The one below was published in '73, and cost 200 lira (roughly 12 cents!). Besides carrying a translated version of the "latest" Daredevil (about two years behind the original), it also has reprints of Iron Man from TOS and Nick Fury from ST. The covers appear to be quick, original knock-offs, and there is a letter's page, in Italian of course.

Does anyone else own any of these titles, or know anything about the Italian line of Marvels?

569485-Devil.jpg

569485-Image_2.jpg

569485-Image_2.jpg.698d84282e15429ac94417c65d882fff.jpg

I think Marvel started setting up shop in Italy in the very early 70s. Don't think there are any actual 1960s Italian Marvels but I could be wrong. There is an Italian Spiderman (L'Uomo Ragno) #1 from roughly 1970.

Thanks, Shadrock and Bronty for your info. Since the Italian DD I own is ish 80, and came out in '73, I am thinking there may be issues going back as far as the mid-1960s. Never seen one, though.

Keep in mind that most Italian comics are published weekly, not monthly. The issue #s climb in a hurry. Topolino (Mickey Mouse) is at like #4000 or something. Eighty issues is only a year and a half at a weekly publishing schedule.

I'd love to get my hands on one of those and I have never seen them advertised for sale. Any idea where they might be currently listed?

Ciao.

Look on ebay.italy and see if you can find some, hopefully from someone who'll ship to U.S.

I wonder if you can search the foreign ebay listings using some kind of language translator so the listings and descriptions appear in English? confused-smiley-013.gif