• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New England Comics Newsletter #14

10 posts in this topic

That's right, the first print appearance of The Tick! Put up a new post about it today, on my Copper Age blog...

...anyone else like me, you DID have it when it was originally mailed out to NEC's list in 1986, and then (greatly regretted) throwing it away, in the window of time before the actual regular series comic came out?! Oy.

New England Comics Newsletter #14 does come up on eBay here and there...also pretty rare are the subsequent early Tick appearances in Newsletter #15 and #16. Have seen #14 go for anywhere between $150 and $1000.

VF / NM

I was lucky enough to find one on eBay not too long ago for under $100. Not the best condition, but still happy to find a copy to add to the collection at a reasonable price given how rare these are. What makes this interesting is that I'm sure many copies have the address labels on them since they were mailed. How does that impact the value?

For those that haven't seen the 1st appearance of the Tick in all its glory... here you go...

NEC_14_Front_zpsdd3e2dda.jpg

NEC_14_Back_zps5815026c.jpg

NEC_14_Inside_zps8e533b10.jpg