• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM SC #14

20 posts in this topic

Freed this from an old-style slab and pressed out some awful looking ripples caused by the inner well liner being too tight. Hoping for a (sunny-day) and a 6.0 from CGC. :wishluck:

Do you think I'm dreaming (shrug)

SC14c-1_zps6c020c1e.jpg

SC14b-1_zps6c3fc8a9.jpg

Given some of the 5.0s folks have gotten back from CGC lately, I could see this getting a 6.0 My personal assessment is that it's in 5.0/5.5 territory, but has certainly benefited in appearance from the press.

The book has really gorgeous cover gloss and the purple is really rich.

It's probably going to depend on the spine ticks and the foxing if it goes one way or another. It's certainly prettier than a 5.0 usually is.

Thanks for the responses and opinions so far - It was a 5.0 - here it is in the slab.

SC14cover.jpg

OMG....the ripples are hurting my brain!!!! Makes me want to whine like Dr. Smith on Lost in Space!

dr+smith.jpg

What the CGC did to that comic should be considered criminally negligent.

OMG....the ripples are hurting my brain!!!! Makes me want to whine like Dr. Smith on Lost in Space!

dr+smith.jpg

What the CGC did to that comic should be considered criminally negligent.

Too much :roflmao:

Bob-a,

I didn't chime in on the grade b/c my jedi skills are weaksauce in that department. If I had to hazard a guess I think you'd get a .5 bump just because I've seen some favorable things come back after folks have graded with pictures. There's been nothing too wildly out of the range that people had specified, but I have seen about a .2-.5 average better in my favor upon pressing and submission to the CGC.

Considering you did the same I've got my fingers crossed that you get at least that degree of elevation.

Indeed a point-five increase would be cause for elation (if not, ahem, elevation).

Therein lies the inherent risk of the crack and resub game. I always struggle between trying to find an under graded specimen, and I've had luck finding some, usually in an old style slab - or just waiting out the right grade for the right price to come along. It's tough if you're on a budget like I am. But it can also bite you, when you get stuck with an undergrade copy that you overpaid for thinking it had "potential". And what about when the under copy looks better than the upgrade you just bought. But I digress :blahblah: