• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BUY-SELL-HOLD

383 posts in this topic

that might be true, but watch the *poop* storm of lawyers that they'll throw at whomever decides to try to make money on Peter Pan

read up on the ownership of Peter Pan, it's not quite that simple....if there were going to be lawsuits Peter Panzerfaust would never have seen print.

But I understand your viewpoint...you don't 'get it' and you don't 'like it' so you don't understand how it could be a success.

I believe most, if not all, fairy tale characters are now considered public domain, and are not "owned" by any person or company.

Anything Peter Pan is fair game, unless it is a character Disney themselves created for their Pan universe.

It's why there are Fables comics and Once Upon a Time TV shows.

Peter Panzerfaust is a tough topic.

I have sold 1 for $500 and a second is selling for $550.

I have 6 others.

If I can get $600+ for each one, I will sell and probably purchase a bunch of PP # 9.

The rest can go in my 'key' fund.

Buy raw high grade, grade them at ss for max profit investment. Could pretty much sell them anytime now even until the "show" starts. Cant say anymore past that.

I didn't like the story at first, but as it continues, it keeps growing on me. The concept threw me off at first, but I kind of like it now.

I'm seeing a trend here and I'll pick on Julio since he won't take it personally. I think the point of the discussion is buy-sell-hold in the current format (raw or graded). Grading or SS adds value to a raw book and doesn't really fit the idea of the thread if the feedback is grade and then sell.

:blahblah:

lol

;)

Ok

Peter Panzerfaust 1

What a :censored: storm this book will kick up.

Personally I dislike the book. It causes me to be somewhat bias in my review here. The art sucks and the story just didn't develop quick enough for me and I didn't see anything special. Guess I got it wrong.I am going to have to learn that when I hate a book its probably going to get hot.

Its possible this book could be the next Chew? Yes. It hinges on the BBC stuff doesn't it? Isnt that the reason most are still buying the book? Or has readership forced the price this high? The point I am making is its a lot to continue to invest in a book based on if the shows a hit.

Its not AMC its the BBC.(No insult meant to UK boardies.) Thief of Thieves is being produced by AMC. Pilots are great, but a green light series is when the book will explode. Use Chew as an example over the next 6 months good or bad based on its TV show issues.

I would buy this book all day raw for $125 or less in NM grade and just flip. If you have multiple copies just flip till your into profit and just sit on there rest and watch it go. Now issue 9 is already a $20 book. My question is it from demand increasing due to readership or mass speculation by hoarders manipulating the price?

While I am on the topic. Doesn't anyone think its very odd that the writer would come in to sell of his books? How often has that happened here?

So Hold if you have multiple copies and you are in the black already from selling

Sell if have a lot of copies and trim down to a small amount of say 3-5.

Buy if you see a 1 under $125 in NM or better and flip.

I like Peter Panzerfaust but I can re-read in the trade. Buy if you can get them cheap raw. Grade and sell and buy a key. My # 1's are coming back from CGC and they are going to buy me my grail. Amazing Fantasy #15. I will keep a # 1 for my collection. As far as it goes ...Peter Pan, Nazis, War.......I think it will work in film.

I actually haven't given the BBC stuff much thought the last couple months.

I think it's great Kurtis sold some comics...about time a writer was able to sell something and make some extra money (no one gives it a second thought when artists sell their OA)

I still can't fathom why some people hate the art....his OA has been selling like hot cakes, and I don't think it's just because PP is hot right now.

I actually haven't given the BBC stuff much thought the last couple months.

I think it's great Kurtis sold some comics...about time a writer was able to sell something and make some extra money (no one gives it a second thought when artists sell their OA)

I still can't fathom why some people hate the art....his OA has been selling like hot cakes, and I don't think it's just because PP is hot right now.

Yeah but they dont sell them here. They use other sites. That was my point.

I still can't fathom why some people hate the art....

Peter Pan looks like a :banana:

then theres another :banana: dude with an afro.

when i started collecting moderns i think issue 3 or 4 was on the shelves. i picked it up and thumbed through it. put it back on the shelf.

My best move "financially"? no, id say not lol

My question is it from demand increasing due to readership or mass speculation by hoarders manipulating the price?

It's speculation by hoarders looking for the next WD.

Simple math tells us its NOT demand due to readership causing the prices for #1. This book has continued to have low print runs (less than 5000) for its entire run. There are less than 5,000 people reading the last several issues and there are enough copies of #1 out there that if these people were the only ones buying it they would have no problem getting it. Speculation is the only reason we're seeing the current prices.

Again, as Branget said, I'm assuming the book stays the way you buy it. Obviously, if you can find a 9.8 raw go ahead and buy it to slab and flip.

But I wouldn't buy a CGC 9.8 already graded in the hopes it will continue to rise in value. In my opinion the "buy in" on this book has gotten too high for the risk/reward to me. The show is going to need to be really good just to maintain the current value. And it's needs to be incredibly over the top amazingly awesome to the point mainstream people are talking about it to keep rising in value like WD did. Not likely to happen. I think there are safer investments out there for speculation purposes. 2c

This book gets a "sell" verdict from me.

I think there has been talk of how there can be spinoffs of this book to other concept characters.

I bought mine for cover price, and slabbed it fast track. I'm into it for $30. Anything else is gravy.

My only question is what happens to the value after the print run is at least doubled, which is still quite low.