• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicspriceguide.com?

7 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if the website Comicspriceguide.com was a good site for getting the guide price of comics, specifically marvel books including Uncanny X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Tales of Suspense, and Iron Man. I was just wondering if the prices are really outdated or if they are too high/low. Please respond. Thanks

By the way I'm new to the forums and hope to continue posting frequently with questions and comments about comics. I am in the process of salvaging, grading, and selling (ebaying) the greater part of my father's collection of Silver-Age comics right now so I will scan some of the books that are tough to grade and see if you guys can give me a hand.

-The Vengeance

If I'm not mistaken their NM prices are pretty much identical to overstreet pricing, but their prices on the grades the rest of the way down are completely out of whack. Unless they've changed since the last time I saw, you'd never be able to sell most of your books in G, VG, F, VF etc at their prices.

I was just wondering if the website Comicspriceguide.com was a good site for getting the guide price of comics, specifically marvel books including Uncanny X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Tales of Suspense, and Iron Man. I was just wondering if the prices are really outdated or if they are too high/low. Please respond. Thanks

By the way I'm new to the forums and hope to continue posting frequently with questions and comments about comics. I am in the process of salvaging, grading, and selling (ebaying) the greater part of my father's collection of Silver-Age comics right now so I will scan some of the books that are tough to grade and see if you guys can give me a hand.

-The Vengeance

Welcome to the boards! The best thing for you to do would be:

1 - buy the Overstreet Grading Guide

2 - buy the latest Overstreet Price Guide

3 - buy the latest Overstreet Comic Price Review

this should help you get a feel for the grade of your books and an approximate value for these books in the respective grades,

DAM

welcome to the boards.

comicspriceguide.com has somewhat accurate prices... but the most important thing to do when offfering a collection for sale is to learn and understand grading first so that you can accurately determine whether the prices listed (usually for NM books) applies or whether you need to make the necessary adjustments in order to find the correct price.

If you get yourself an Overstreet Grading Guide, it will be well worth the investment.