• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High shipping on CGC books on ebay

45 posts in this topic

The price of gas has double in the past few years. I'm surprised that people complain about $10 or $15 to ship something.

My favorite is those buyers who expect you to subsidize part of their shipping costs. That expectation is starting to climb into the realm of entitlement for some buyers

I've gotten used to $10 shipping for CGC books on ebay, and typically people ship CGC in bubble wrap in boxes. $10 seems high, but I've never shipped them myself so maybe it's the right number. Anyway, $10 seems the norm.

But sometimes sellers have shipping at up to $15 a book, shipping within the US. I've just been browsing some books on ebay where this is the case. For people who sell and ship CGCs -- Is there really a justification for shipping to be so high?

I charge $15 flat rate up to 3 books which includes priority box, and insurance.

Of course I sell the vintage stuff so 3 books easily climbs to $300-$500+ and insurance ain't cheap.

Now charging $15 to ship a $40 modern... :P

I ship Fed Ex ground, signature required, insured for the exact amount if over $500, and the average cost is around $18-$20. I now ask $14.95 for shipping.

I’ve all but lost faith in the U S postal system. There online tracking is a joke. I just recently shipped 4 books using fedex. We’re both in Calif, so no great distance. It was shipped ground, insured, signature required. It cost just over $14 and they got the books the next day. On the other end, I shipped a single book to New Hampshire, the exact same way and it cost $21. They paid $800 for the book, so I didn’t hear any complaints. Just let them know up front how you plan on shipping. They’ll either buy from you or they won’t. Anything under $100, I usually don’t ask for a signature and if it’s a single book, I can get it shipped to most places for about $12 or $13. Bottom line, when I ship an item, I want to know where it is every moment until it reaches the buyer. The Fedex system does that. The U S postal system…DOESN’T!!!!

There has never been a lost shipment.

A wise man once told me: send letters via the United States Postal System and ship parcels via UPS (and now Fed Ex).

That was man was a USPS carrier.