• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ebay story - and a buyer to block

122 posts in this topic

lol.

By the way, you might want to remove the guy's address from your post. Looks like the mods edited it out of Dale's original message and all the replies where it is quoted.

The problem with posting somebody's address is that a user like me might paste it into Google Street View and find out what kind of building the person lives in. I just did it with the guy's Beverly Hills address you posted and it occurred to me that you probably shouldn't mess with him or do anything to rouse his ire.

134765.jpg.1c46752d60332bca52ed615a2088f025.jpg

lol.

By the way, you might want to remove the guy's address from your post. Looks like the mods edited it out of Dale's original message and all the replies where it is quoted.

The problem with posting somebody's address is that a user like me might paste it into Google Street View and find out what kind of building the person lives in. I just did it with the guy's Beverly Hills address you posted and it occurred to me that you probably shouldn't mess with him or do anything to rouse his ire.

No I did that. Didn't want Watson or Greggy going to hunt him down

Honestly I’m surprised that this type of chicanery doesn’t happen more often as there is no shortage of scammers on ebay. It’s just too easy for someone to claim they received an empty box or “return” an item and send back and empty box.

I recently sold a $485 gold coin on ebay to a guy with multiple transactions of only $5 to $10 and no coins at all … I still have my fingers crossed on this one but it’s been 20 days since he received it so maybe I’m in the clear. :wishluck:

lol.

But this guy is "always angry" right?

Beware of Sabasandave (Davis Park, 455 S. Rexford Drive, Beverly Hills CA.). He sold me a Hulk 181 through ebay without the value stamp (although he claimed it was there when he shipped it)
Those damm posties - now they're clipping Marvel Value Stamps in shipping? :eek:

lol.

I edited it - I hope Dale reads this because I'm now going through the exact same kind of deal. Earlier today while speaking to a member of the resolution team I was trying to figure out travel arrangements because my mother-in-law passed away (this am) and the guy on the resolution team actually insinuated that I was making her passing up as a story to leverage the facts in my case.

WTF is all I can say.

That's the rub: eventually money will be recouped; only after great effort, time, and resources are spent by the person who has been wronged.

Was in my office the other day in downtown DC, which overlooks the only block in the city that didn't have parking meters and people scramble to get those coveted spots every day. I watched as city workers put up No Parking signs along the block at 930am and at 935am a parking enforcement officer wrote a dozen tickets.

Sure, each person who parked on the block legally at 830am and came out at 530pm to a $75 ticket on their windshield could fight it and win; but at what cost? To take a day off to sit in court to plead your case when you did nothing wrong in the first place costs more than the ticket itself.

There's no justification for ebay/paypal treating its sellers like this. Ebay is slowly poisoning its golden goose.

:hi:

Hello Dale,

I have not had a lot of time to post on these forums due to my current health issues, but I saw your post. I have helped other sellers deal with these kind of issues, so I thought I could help offer some advice. You can WIN ths type of dispute.I always recommend you try to first work things out with the buyer, but just by reading this thread, I don't think he has responded.

First; and this doesn't necessarily always guarantee an easy win, but are you a member of PayPal Advantage? They assign personal (not sure if that is the proper 'wording' to use) claim associates to your case; even when cases are against you.

Second, you want to file a resolution dispute with PayPal to appeal the decision. The quicker the better. PayPal can and has made refunds for large sums of money before, and even reversed decisions after the fact. Time is of the essence though. I don't know what the cost of these books were, but I always recommend filing appeals to all dispute decisions that are not in your favor, as PayPal and eBay keep a 'file' on all sellers that is not viewable by the account holder (to my knowledge). It allows them to see what kind of disputes were filed in the past and other information.

I would then call PayPal and begin the process. Keep in mind that depending on who you talk to you may get different responses to the same question. Hang in there.

The main point is, file an appeal and keep calling for an update. Ebay generally will not be of much help on the payment end of things.

Hope this helps and free to PM or contact me if you have questions.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Hello Dale,

I have not had a lot of time to post on these forums due to my current health issues, but I saw your post. I have helped other sellers deal with these kind of issues, so I thought I could help offer some advice. You can WIN ths type of dispute.I always recommend you try to first work things out with the buyer, but just by reading this thread, I don't think he has responded.

First; and this doesn't necessarily always guarantee an easy win, but are you a member of PayPal Advantage? They assign personal (not sure if that is the proper 'wording' to use) claim associates to your case; even when cases are against you.

Second, you want to file a resolution dispute with PayPal to appeal the decision. The quicker the better. PayPal can and has made refunds for large sums of money before, and even reversed decisions after the fact. Time is of the essence though. I don't know what the cost of these books were, but I always recommend filing appeals to all dispute decisions that are not in your favor, as PayPal and eBay keep a 'file' on all sellers that is not viewable by the account holder (to my knowledge). It allows them to see what kind of disputes were filed in the past and other information.

I would then call PayPal and begin the process. Keep in mind that depending on who you talk to you may get different responses to the same question. Hang in there.

The main point is, file an appeal and keep calling for an update. Ebay generally will not be of much help on the payment end of things.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Thank you. Will begin this process tomorrow.

Hello Dale,

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Thank you. Will begin this process tomorrow.

No problem, anytime Dale.

You want to file an appeal to the dispute. There should be an option to do so from the original case that stated the buyer had won the claim. If you have questions, you can also call PayPal, but it is not unlikely to get two separate answers to the same question (unfortunately).

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Duly blocked.

This has happened to me a few times too.

ebay used to take up for the scamster Buyers.

The last two times this happened to me I unleashed as much ugliness as i could and postured myself well - eBay took up for me the last two times.

But things have changed - eBay is taking up for the pinhead fraudster Buyers again...FVFs must be lower again this year...

CAL who only needs FeeBay a little longer, then...

I don't know how PayPal can claim to be secure when you read so many things about their absurd judgements in favors of the thieves. And to hear that a dealer with such a long history of honest deals via eBay to his credit and still they rule in favor of the crook.

Is there a list of deadbeat ebayers to be found here on the CGC boards? I'd like to access it and add the names to my blocked buyers list. Hope there is :eek:

Good luck resolving this mess Dale :wishluck:

This profile has either had several eBay aliases consolidated at one point, or he's working a string of them as sock accounts:

gbuster85 Aug-24-09 Present

yeabuddy1 Sep-09-08 Aug-24-09

jdb-h1118 Dec-10-06 Sep-09-08

One thing I have noticed is that it appears there might have been another name used with one of the above profiles in the past so as part of your appeal, I'd ask PayPal to get a photocopy of this buyers drivers license on file as the name you know could be made up.