• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EARLY STERANKO APPRECIATION THREAD

52 posts in this topic

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have made it on Sunday as well. I have never met Steranko, but would like to have seen the art he still has.

He's right... he's only done a handful of books. But his style made a big splash at the time, and continues to be unique today.

Lots of great covers,art ,and little known facts in this thread. I`ve always thought Steranko was a fantastic artist.He`s the type that gets response even from non comicheads.I do see some Kirby in his work though,especially the body poses and positions of the characters.Always wondered why his work was so far and few between.The only JS books I own are a few SHIELD,CAP 110,and CAP 111(sun faded cover or it would grade a VF).

Great Thread. yay.gif

Having met him recently (see above post) I can also say that he puts a lot of himself into his artwork, meaning he draws men's faces similarly to his own. I wonder if he's aware of it?

Hmm. That is interesting?

I've seen him in person before so I'm sure of one thing:

He draws them taller than himself! 27_laughing.gif