• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade this ASM #200 is it worthy of CGC

10 posts in this topic

Web,

There are a few things going on: first, the scan is too grainy to make any true judgments; second, that being said, you've got a smudge and some color loss in the ULFC; three, there appear to be creases to the UR and LR corners of the FC; four, you appear to have some edge wear along the REFC; five, there is a color defect at the top edge, and the tope edge is severely over cut (there should be another band of color, I believe.) frown.gif

popcorn.gifinsane.gif893blahblah.gif

It's a Modern, and I would just keep it in Mylar and enjoy it: 8.0 sumo.gif

Web,

There are a few things going on: first, the scan is too grainy to make any true judgments; second, that being said, you've got a smudge and some color loss in the ULFC; three, there appear to be creases to the UR and LR corners of the FC; four, you appear to have some edge wear along the REFC; five, there is a color defect at the top edge, and the tope edge is severely over cut (there should be another band of color, I believe.) frown.gif

popcorn.gifinsane.gif893blahblah.gif

It's a Modern, and I would just keep it in Mylar and enjoy it: 8.0 sumo.gif

FINALLY a grade that makes sense! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks I thought I would post one more at 100dpi this time.. I think It looks more like a 9-0-9.4

sm200A.jpg

It is interesting to note that this appears to be some kind of variant ( possibly LCS) since the triangle with the number and the 75 cent seems very small. Checking Gerbers book, it shows this one.. however I think that the missing band at the top is due to manufacturing, this book ahs more on the bottom then the one in Gerbers book. Very interesting.

Here is what I upgraded from bought right off the news stands

SM200B.jpg

I hope this is clearer...Thanks

WEBHEAD

Web,

Much nicer, and easier to read. wink.gif I suggest pumping it up to 200 dpi and making that your standard. Nicer than I thought - no apparrent corner creases, but tmy other comments were valid. If the BC is as nice - I'll take it up to a 9.0 sumo.gif

Would I have it graded? No. Not unless the price sky rockets at some point in the future. Definitely a nice upgrade from the other copy. thumbsup2.gif