• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage/e-bay auction

4 posts in this topic

To All -

Has anybody ever experianced this. An online Heritage auction this past Sat. had a few books that were SOLD. Those very same books are still available for purchase on e-bay.

Is this some sort of sleazy practice that I am not aware of that happens all of the time? It seems to me like a person or dealer will list comics in a Heritage auction, have somebody bid up the comic or do it themselves, and if they get what they want for the book fine, if not, it stays right on e-bay with a "buy it now"

In the Heritage archives it shows the book as sold, yet it is not. There are so many things wrong with that.

1.) It can really screw up the GPA

2.) It's a flat out sleazy way to do business

3.) The Heritage archives don't mean anything for referance, etc.

Has anybody else seen this? Thoughts?

I have experienced an incident where a book of mine was being offered by someone after I won the book from heritage. The seller was using a scan from the heritage site making believe the book was theirs. Be aware of things like that.