• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you.....?

59 posts in this topic

it's certainly nothing to be taken lightly.

think over the trade. you're trading a slabbed comic (+ other stuff/money) which is an already slabbed known what it is comic for a raw VERY POPULAR comic.

red flags, for me at least.

There are less than 1900 slabbed AF 15's on the census, estimates of how many exist are somewhere around 10,000 copies total.

So you can't go by it's raw nature, alone, as a red flag.

think over the trade. you're trading a slabbed comic (+ other stuff/money) which is an already slabbed known what it is comic for a raw VERY POPULAR comic.

There are less than 1900 slabbed AF 15's on the census, estimates of how many exist are somewhere around 10,000 copies total.

i just find it weird that it would be raw in 2013

There is no reason to slab a low grade comic.

i disagree. Too many things can happen to an expensive comic book over the years.

But personally, I wouldn't sell the Bone. But I'm a Bone fan, so the comic is special to me. AF always seem to be up for sale, so it's not like you have to rush. Unless you're confident you'll be able to replace the Bone I'd just continue to save until you have the funds. 2c

i disagree. Too many things can happen to an expensive comic book over the years.

I have many expensive keys in the raw,who needs to have them slabbed when I won't ever be selling them. (shrug)

I have many expensive keys in the raw,who needs to have them slabbed when I won't ever be selling them. (shrug)

if you're not selling them, then there's nothing wrong with them being raw

If one was to decide that they wanted to collect an older series in slab form - Do people normally start by purchasing slabs straight up, or is it normally better to look for high grade raw copies to sub themselves?

For series from 70s or earlier. Seems like it may be more difficult to find a raw from 35+ years ago

:shrug: