• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-Men #4 Variant...anyone seen the cover?

70 posts in this topic

thanks, but the link apparently doesn't work... frown.gif

i've seen it on ebay already...wonder if the prices will go near the variant n°1?!?!

The link was a joke. foreheadslap.gif

a0_1.JPG

This is from an auction for Astonishing X-men #5.

AstonishingXMen-5.jpg

anyone picked this variant cover?! do you seem it's as rare (or more) than the variant of n°1?!

i haven't seen any around here...

my local shop had something like 20-30 on sale for 6 dollars a piece. when i picked up mine, it looked like they had 10 left.

they're probably sold out by now though.

anyone picked this variant cover?! do you seem it's as rare (or more) than the variant of n°1?!

i haven't seen any around here...

my local shop had something like 20-30 on sale for 6 dollars a piece. when i picked up mine, it looked like they had 10 left.

they're probably sold out by now though.

&6.00? Wow, that shop is losing money on that one. Great deal.

$6??? I woulda picked a couple at that price.

My LCS was selling it for $25 to regular people, they gave me mine for $15.

Talking about Variants, has anyone heard about the Wolverine 20 variant? I hear it's gonna to be a lot more rare, since they need to buy 65 issues to get 1 variant...

Talking about Variants, has anyone heard about the Wolverine 20 variant? I hear it's gonna to be a lot more rare, since they need to buy 65 issues to get 1 variant...

damnit! i knew i should have picked a few of those up. oh well.

With all these so-called "rare" variant covers, it seems like the publishers are leading the fans down the garden path again. Of course, in return, the fans are all running down this path at full breakneck speed with their wallets wide open.

And yet, we have the audacity to ask why the current market is filled with nothing but gimmicks such as relaunches and variant covers as oppossed to quality books.

And yet, we have the audacity to ask why the current market is filled with nothing but gimmicks such as relaunches and variant covers as oppossed to quality books.

it's been some long, long years that the industry didn't had such high quality monthly production period...

and the variant gimmicks are a "recent small fever" (in comparison with the famous 90's)...try to not put everything in one shallow steryotipe. wink.gif

Hey all im new to the forum... grin.gif ive been reading some of the posts and well i have some what of a dillema and its related to Astonishing X-men 4 the variant. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I dunno about you all ...but i dont have that much money, heh and well i was considering using some of my money to buy Wolverine :The End 1-3 , because im a huge wolverine fan, and missed out on the the first 3 copies, or buy the new Astonishing X-men 4 variant cover, but it doesn't seem that the new cover is really gonna be that rare, ive seen alot of listings on ebay.... but while the prices are some what low and in my price range im not sure if i should grab me a copy, before they shoot up , i do already have copy of the original Astonishing x-men 4 but it seems that these stupid variants are devaluing all the regular covers confused.gif

anyway id love to hear your thoughts on this... Thanks!