• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-Men #4 Variant...anyone seen the cover?

70 posts in this topic

Yep, i agree with the buy what ya like. I think the last variant cover i bought was the wolverine 145 nabisco variant and it was just because i thought it looked cool. I wont be wasting any of my precious minutes tracking down any new variant covers with dreams of fantastic returns in my head. I think mainly they are a sham unless the art is appealing to ya. Of course, that is not to say i dont have any besides the wolvy 145 in my collection. I own the JL #3, a Spidey and DD authentix and ASM 400 white gatefold, all hypocritically in 9.8 crazy.gif

thanks for the welcome! hi.gif

i kinda agree with you guys...though i guess its my "pride" or something, i just dont wanna look back and say .... "man i could have bought that really rare and worh alot comic" ... but your right i mean ...i dont think id sell it ...i mean i buy for collecting i guess in the future id sell it...but for the most part like my other comics it'd just be sitting in my comic book boxes...

Ya I dont really own anything that is worth alot... i guess ive been kinda getting swept away with the "hype" , and i think one of the main reasons is cuz i read ( on a ocassion) wizard i never realized how much they hype stuff in there, 27_laughing.gif they make everythign sounds awesome! albeit everything i've bought recently because of the "hype" has actually been really good.. 893whatthe.gif

speaking of Wolvering 145 , i was looking for a copy of the chrome one...heh looks really cool..how much you spend on the nabisco one?

I think Punisher was the first comic i ever really even noticed, i was maybe 9 ( im 21 years old) i dont remember if i bought the book or not, but the second comic i saw was wolverine...back when MArk Silviestri (sp) was doing the pencils i still have that book somewhere grin.gif

Then Jim Lee and his x-men 1 got me, i loved the art, and got me a copy of that and ive been an x-men fan ever since... Spawn was always a favorite, though i never picke dup the first issue i did manage to get some early ones ...

I love Spider-man too, though when i was younger i didn't really collect him much, but i am now, the new story arc is really intresting... for the most part im a Marvel fan, but i love DC too... Superman ive been collecting with that great Jim Lee art that kinda got me into comics to begin with smile.gif ..and i have some Batman Comics too...and i have some image comics too...

i used to collect back in the early-mid nities then stopped in 96...or 97 ..i went to highschool and i just stopped...just recently have i been collecting again...and im glad to see that writing is becoming much more important then the art is, which i felt was the big issue back during the mid 90's ...or maybe i was just reading the wrong books smile.gif ...

well that my comic book history in a nutt shell smile.gif

Ya I dont really own anything that is worth alot... i guess ive been kinda getting swept away with the "hype" , and i think one of the main reasons is cuz i read ( on a ocassion) wizard i never realized how much they hype stuff in there, 27_laughing.gif they make everythign sounds awesome! albeit everything i've bought recently because of the "hype" has actually been really good.. 893whatthe.gif

Sounds like you already have a pretty good feel for the Modern books. Don't get caught up in all the hype and be caught buying at the top of the market. These so-called "rare" variants are usually nothing more than just a quick way for the retailers and speculators to extract as much money from you as they can.

These books usually start at the top and more than likely head straight back down after a few months when the latest must-have hot new variant makes its appearance. Just look back over the past 15 years at all of the hot books which were hyped by Wizard. The majority of them are now sitting in your dollar (or less) boxes. tonofbricks.gif

you know your really right! and this board kinda helped me understand that, after reading some posts... to be honest i didn't think tht colossus cover was all that cool looking either... and im a big colossus fan :P

I was just thinking instead of tryin to collect "rare" recents comics for a much more higher price ill try next time im at my LCS to look for a variant there for cover price, though i really would like them to stop the whole variant thing, i mean if you hype up how good the dealer incentive variant could be to the dealers on a really crummy book...well you could make more money that way...

at the end of the day the comic companies are just tryin to make a buck...

Not only that...but this whole Wizard world Variant stuff..is pure utter [!@#%^&^]! sign-rantpost.gif

i mean most people can't even go to somoe of them, cuz there not in there city...and i think the tickets are pretty expensive! i dunno im a little tired but man i think what there doing is really lame mad.gif