• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAJOR INAPAK the SPACE ACE,....not to shabby!

4 posts in this topic

Okay, I know: "Major Warehouse-Find" might be a better title on this one! But I bought a copy recently and looked it over and, to my surprise, it's got some really first rate art (1951, Bob Powell). I mean, he's no Frazetta (who IMHO was 20 years ahead of his time!) but the artwork was as good as anybodies since 1980 up!

What struck me the most were the use of extra panels to make a point (similar to someone like Will Eisner or Frank Miller: comics as cinema). It's much better than I expected! Originally, I thought the cover would be as good as it gets.

The book values at $9.00 in MN- & it's Golden Age (1951),....I really don't care if it IS a warehouse find!

Comments? popcorn.gif

And did anyone actually drink that nasty-asp Choclate drink?

Not me! I was a Bosco, Coca Marsh and Nestles Quick kid! (Ovaltine sucked in those days!) grin.gif

27_laughing.gif Ovaltine will ALWAYS suck! You forgot to mention Geratol: Ted Mack & the Original Ametuer Hour,...used to watch that,...why?,....I don't know 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probably because there were only three channels then! makepoint.gif I miss those times! Better shows & everyone knew what was cool to watch! cloud9.gif893frustrated.gif

Twilight Zone, The outer Limits,...ect.,.....

"The Future: Everyone has a flying car, entire meals are eaten in a pill and the world is controlled by damn-dirty apes!"

- Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.