• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAVE STEVENS appreciation

62 posts in this topic

I've joined the Lowry list lately just for the hell of it to learn more about art prices etc. although I really have no interest in collecting original art. However, in checking out the website of one of the Lowry guys today I saw this breathtaking page - what a stunner:

STEVENS ART - ROCKETEER

Great! And you? Collecting xmen stillhi.gif, or all marvels? Other stuff?

As for this stevens page... hubba hubba. Every time I look at this art I start to morph into this: devil.gif

Great! And you? Collecting xmen stillhi.gif, or all marvels? Other stuff?

As for this stevens page... hubba hubba. Every time I look at this art I start to morph into this: devil.gif

I hear ya grin.gif......I'm trying to stick to 1st and key issues on my want list but I'm very impulsive foreheadslap.gif. Nice cover on the planet comics!

How can you not love this guy's work! Never saw the DNAgents or Jungle covers! Just terrific stuff, much like Brian Bolland. Anyone know what Dave Stevens is doing now, any projects coming up?

How can you not love this guy's work! Never saw the DNAgents or Jungle covers! Just terrific stuff, much like Brian Bolland. Anyone know what Dave Stevens is doing now, any projects coming up?

he is also great to deal with. My friend had me make a purchase of one of his pieces at

Wonder con , aslo to be signed to his wife. Dave asked how that was spelled ,i didn't know.

so asking the phone # he called on his cell, That's coustomer service. thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Bronty - just wanted to thank you to opening my eyes to a new underexposed artist - this art is right up my alley of obsession. TOO SWEET! cloud9.gif Must find more of Stevens work... 893frustrated.gif

Isn't his work awesome? I just love it, and I'm really happy I was able to turn you on to his art! grin.gif He's quite a talent. 893applaud-thumb.gif

World of Wood #1 is another very nice cover, btw, and you'll also enjoy alien worlds 2 and 4. 3D Zone #16 is another, and there was some sort of hardback published not too long ago as well

cheers,

Dan