• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1 fake or real?

7 posts in this topic

Link to auction listed above

murph0.........I wouldn't worry about missing that auction........it stinks so bad I could smell it before it downloaded. Check out this guys only feedback and the comment that was left in it by a ZERO feedback eBayer. If that doesn't look like an obvious scammer.......I don't know what does. Not to mention the fact that they both still have the sunglasses by their name.

And for another laugh......check out his other auctions and their descriptions. laugh.gif

***** edit *****

Also I just checked out this:

complete list of all his auctions so far

Specifically notice that he listed and then cancelled this same book two times on January 20th. Also notice that the very first time he listed it, his english and description were perfect. It then looks like he may have dumbed up his language and description to make it appear like someone that doesn't know what they are doing..........possilbly in order to trick some bidder into thinking he doesn't know what the book is worth so they'll jump on it now for a huge bargain. mad.gif

***** edit again *****

Oh man......this just keeps getting better and better.

The guys only feedback is from angelapril19.......and the feedback she left says "Had friend go see if comic was real. It looks awesome! Shes got alot of other good"

Well......not only did angelapril19 apparently buy that "real" comic from him/her......but she is also currently bidding on this persons 1918 Steinway Grand Piano valued at $80,000.........LMFAO. tongue.gif

And......the only other auction that currently has a bid on it is also a zero feedback bidder with sunglasses by the name.

It might be time for one of da boys to do a little bidding on these auctions.crazy.gif

AWWWWWWWWWWWW C'mon Murph!!! How in the hell could you even THINK that this could possibly be real?

First of all, it's very obvious the scan was ripped from Heritage. Second, why would anyone who would actually own this book get their friend with 1 feedback to auction it off. There are so many other things wrong with this auction, I'm going into overload!

Not to mention all of Bug's comments.

And what pisses me off most is that it seems someone was dumb enough to actually pull the trigger. Jesus!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifmad.gif

I'm sure it's real. Most auctions with brand new sellers who know nothing about comics who are auctioning off an item for a friend who's in financial trouble and who auction at 50% the going rate in a private auction are usually legit.

Here is your answer Brian: mad.gif

Subj: Important Message from eBay Loss Prevention Department

Date: 1/25/2003 10:05:12 AM Pacific Standard Time

To: ----@aol.com

We are writing to inform you that we recently ended all listings for seller timmmy03 on eBay. The seller’s privileges to trade on eBay have been temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further. (The current account status can be viewed next to the user ID of the seller on the eBay site.).

Our records indicate that you were a participating bidder or buyer in this seller’s listing. You will need to use your own personal judgment in deciding whether to complete this transaction.

As described in our User Agreement, eBay is only a venue, and we cannot guarantee that sellers will complete transactions nor can we guarantee the delivery or quality of bought items. As a basic principle, a buyer should know with whom he or she is dealing before sending a payment to a seller.

Depending on the circumstances, you might decide to delay payment to a seller until completely confident that the transaction will be completed safely.. If you decide to delay payment but already paid by personal check, you may wish to contact your bank to discuss whether it would be possible to stop payment on the check. If you paid with a credit card, you may wish to contact your credit card company’s security department to discuss this payment – many companies provide protection in certain circumstances. If you paid by money order, you may want to contact that money order company for information on how to stop payment.

Please note that the ending of the listings for this seller is a precautionary measure. The grounds for this suspension may be the result of a mistake or misunderstanding.

Some countries have laws that might prevent you from retracting payment by check or otherwise; please inform yourself of applicable laws before acting.

eBay Customer Support

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction on our help page located at:

If you have any questions, please reply directly to this email.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)