• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman #181

21 posts in this topic

Hey all, really would appreciate your opinion on this. Here is my Batman #181 would love to hear your thoughts. There is some slight stress wear on the spine, and the color is a little off in the bottom right corner. The book lays flat and the interior is perfect, pages are close to white.

2zhqkw0.jpg

2eowbyb.jpg

Underneath the: Is she the cause the ink is all runny u can see it. I think that is what he means.

I think it is called a ink smudge: A defect in the printing when the ink is smeared happens when it is handeled before the ink completly dries.

But i could be wrong on this too..

Underneath the: Is she the cause the ink is all runny u can see it. I think that is what he means.

I think it is called a ink smudge: A defect in the printing when the ink is smeared happens when it is handeled before the ink completly dries.

No that's the advertisement on the inside of the cover showing through.

No that's the advertisement on the inside of the cover showing through.

Oh and see I was wrong so then i dont know..

Ok I had been hoping for an 8.5 but the consensus seems around a 7. Going to submit it anyway and hope for the best. Thanks everyone for your feedback!!

The number of spine ticks, and the little edge creases at the top and one on the side, along with a couple other cover dings could likely drop it shy of 8.0 without the color rub. Still a pretty copy, and I'd think squarely in that 7.0-8.0 range. Good luck.

Thanks! glad to know that. I bought this book 2 years ago at a con and the guy who sold it to me swore to me he graded it at VF+. In the future I will know better with the ribs! Thanks for the info

Never done any cleaning/pressing. Have any recommendations in that department (is that a different thread? Don't want to get in trouble for asking something I shouldn't ask in here) Thanks for the info!!

I'd call it a 7.0/7.5, but wouldn't be surprised to see it CGC'd as an 8.0.

Are you tooting your own horn as being a stricter grader than CGC? :insane: I seriously "don't get" comments like this. :sumo:

The back cover would definitely benefit from a press.

Oh, and are you a pressing expert too? lol

Hands down 8.0, possible 8.5 :sumo:

I really think so too. Unless CGC really is in a super-strict phase right now. Flaws very minor and that's a honey of a book.

Thanks so much for the info guys! Bomber-bob I am new at this, what do you mean by a color rub?

Color rub, basically a loss of color on the cover caused by handling as oppossed to color fade from light.

I was looking at the bottom right corner of the cover. Looking at it again, the scan probably accentuates it and it's probably not that bad in hand. I'm reconsidering more along the 7.0/7.5 range. Good luck with the submission and nice book !