• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC pocket-book question...

16 posts in this topic

Can anyone offer some info on this item. The Vault of Horror. -- New York : Ballantine, 1965 #1 1st printing. It appears to be a pocket book which reprinted some early EC stories. I'm trying to learn more about it's availablity and value. Thanks shy.gif

Picture015.jpg

Picture004.jpg

These were my first introduction to EC. Somewhere in there is reproduced the story of the guy who is making his way back to his wife, and he doesn't realize he is a moldering corpse.

I think a couple of these must have been earlier than 1965....I seem to remember reading one around 1963. I was nine or ten and I can distinctly remember my hair standing on end.

These were my first introduction to EC. Somewhere in there is reproduced the story of the guy who is making his way back to his wife, and he doesn't realize he is a moldering corpse.

I think a couple of these must have been earlier than 1965....I seem to remember reading one around 1963. I was nine or ten and I can distinctly remember my hair standing on end.

hey hook hi.gif...today was the first time I ran across this. Seems pretty kool.I remember reading the old marvel pocket books but I did not know that EC had some too.

Goldie, one thing I've realized......if you wait long enough..... everything washes up on Ebay's shore....

Of course, "how much" is the big question.....

Thanks for the scans Greggy......is it the Tales from the Crypt one that has the story I was referring to at the top of the thread?

Goldie, one thing I've realized......if you wait long enough..... everything washes up on Ebay's shore....

You're right of course, Red......

One thing I noticed in that Frazetta cover for the Tales Of The Incredible book is how similar the alien in the picture is to Berni Wrightson's Un - Men (specifically Cranius) who debuted in Swamp Thing 2 (1972) along with their master, Anton Arcane.

Every horror/sci-fi/fantasy artist borrowed at least a bit from Frazetta, and Ingels/Krigstein acolyte Wrightson was no exception.

Thanks for the scans Greggy......is it the Tales from the Crypt one that has the story I was referring to at the top of the thread?

The Tales from the Crypt is copyrighted 1964!