• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can I be sure this comic is not missing pages?

9 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Famous Western Badmen that only has 28 pages. Now I know that a comic with only 28 pages might be missing a centerfold but I seem to recall hearing that some older comics counted the front and back covers as part of the page count.

Anyone know if that's true or is my memory playing tricks on me. Obviously, with the FC and BC counted, my comic would have 32 pages.

I have a copy of Famous Western Badmen that only has 28 pages. Now I know that a comic with only 28 pages might be missing a centerfold but I seem to recall hearing that some older comics counted the front and back covers as part of the page count.

Anyone know if that's true or is my memory playing tricks on me. Obviously, with the FC and BC counted, my comic would have 32 pages.

They do count the front and back covers, but the count would be 36 not 32.

Are there 7 leaves on each side of the staple? There were some odd splits in the 40's, DC and Timely were the only ones I remember, but DC had a few in 1952. There was an entire leaf glued in one side of the staple and one page cut out on the other side. I'm not familiar with Youthful, but you can check the count on each side. The only ones I remember were 16/12 splits, but I could be wrong.

My guess, though is it's missing pages...and it might not be the centerfold.

Mr. Bedrock, is a wonderful resource, he knows his page counts.

Jeff, counting the covers it would have 32 pages. It should be complete.