• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dinner Was a Blast!

5 posts in this topic

Just want to say thanks for inviting me to the Chicago dinner on Saturday evening. What a blast! Great food. Great drinks, and the best of all: great conversation.

Special thanks to Stevie B. - what a host!

Extra-special thanks to Pedigreeman for all the leg work. Nice job, Alan.

The "I Know How to Make Someone Feel Old Award" to Flying Donut, when during intros said, "I bought my first comic when I was 11 from that guy (pointing at me!)." Great to see you again , Dan.

And Centaur Man brought the coolest stuff for us to drool over. Nice books, Wynn.

Let's make sure we do this again next year. We need nights like this.

--Gary

Just want to say thanks for inviting me to the Chicago dinner on Saturday evening. What a blast! Great food. Great drinks, and the best of all: great conversation.

Special thanks to Stevie B. - what a host!

Extra-special thanks to Pedigreeman for all the leg work. Nice job, Alan.

The "I Know How to Make Someone Feel Old Award" to Flying Donut, when during intros said, "I bought my first comic when I was 11 from that guy (pointing at me!)." Great to see you again , Dan.

And Centaur Man brought the coolest stuff for us to drool over. Nice books, Wynn.

Let's make sure we do this again next year. We need nights like this.

--Gary

Gary,

Great to meet you on Saturday. Hope to see you there next year!

Scott

I couldn't agree more, Gary! It was fantastic sitting down with you discussing the Windy City find. Great story, and more importantly, very well told (despite Michelle's best efforts to get you off track). You were also very nice to show such interest in my comics, which aren't half as scarce or valuable as ones you've owned in the past. I really appreciated it. In fact, you've inspired me to start an All-American thread tonight (once I get these new Chicago books scanned).

Plus, it's always fun to eat a bone-in ribeye steak as big as the one that tipped over Fred Flintstone's car. That's well worth 48 hours of digestive discomfort.