• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Theagenes' Exotic Emporium of Esoterica Extraordinaire!

78 posts in this topic

Amazing Stories (March 1942) VG-FN. Classic John Carter cover by John Allen St. John. A very nice copy. $40 $30 Reduced!

scan0017_zps43805568.jpg

Love this cover. :cloud9:

Theagenes agreed to let me use his thread to put some items on offer; not too many of them, but rather high end REH collectibles. Usual rules apply.

Wandering Star: Conan of Cimmeria, Ultra-Limited Edition (ie Artist Edition)

100 numbered copies. Signed by Mark Schultz.

This is copy number 5 (FIVE); no way you are ever going to find a lower number than this one.

Book, dj, and slipcase are in perfect - as new - condition. $600

REDUCED PRICE: $500!

Pics are generic, but this is the real deal

wanderingstar-conanofcimmeria1slipcase.jpg

wanderingstar-conanofcimmeria1.jpg

Wandering Star: BRan Mak Morn, the Last King, Ultra-Limited Edition limited to 850 numbered copies. Signed by Gary Gianni

This is copy number 14 (FOURTEEN); no way you are ever going to find a lower number than this one.

Book, dj, cd, and slipcase are in perfect - as new - condition. $650

REDUCED PRICE: $500!

wanderingstar-branmakmornslipcase.jpg

wanderingstar-branmakmorn.jpg

Always Comes Evening, Arkham House, 1957.

I don't have an actual copy of the book for you, but am offering the next best thing: a Fine dustjacket. If you collect those old books, you know that the dj is the hardest part, and that the dj determines the value of a book much more than the book itself. Anyway, here's for your consideration somehting you won't get to see very often: a Fine (book terminology) copy of the dj.

You can find Always Comes Evening on ABE at the moment, ranging from $950 to $3,000. In most instances, it is the dj that causes the difference in price. Already owning a Fine dj should go a long way toward finding that elusive ACE copy at a very good price. I know...

The scans speak for themselves; the only defect is that tiny tear on the front; really small and barely noticeable under a Brodart. The reddish glare/refflection you see on some scan is an effect from the camera; it is NOT present on the dj. A very desirable dustjacket of one of the holy grails of Howardiana (636 copies).

$500

REDUCED PRICE: $400!

For these three books/djs, trades against very high grade REH pulps can and will be considered.

2013-02-07140103.jpg

2013-02-07140116.jpg

2013-02-07140124.jpg

2013-02-07140350.jpg

2013-02-07140410.jpg

Theagenes agreed to let me use his thread to put some items on offer; not too many of them, but rather high end REH collectibles. Usual rules apply.

Wandering Star: Conan of Cimmeria, Ultra-Limited Edition (ie Artist Edition)

100 numbered copies. Signed by Mark Schultz.

This is copy number 5 (FIVE); no way you are ever going to find a lower number than this one.

Book, dj, and slipcase are in perfect - as new - condition. $600

wanderingstar-conanofcimmeria1slipcase.jpg

wanderingstar-conanofcimmeria1.jpg

I just wanted to point that for those who don't know, Xaltotun is Patrice Louinet. He's far too modest to say so, but he's one of the top REH scholars in the world. He's also the editor of the Wandering Star/Del Rey Conan volumes and the author of the "Hyborian Genesis" essay in the appendix, as well as the co-author with Rusty Burke of the essay on REH and the Picts in the appendix of the Bran Mak Morn volume. That makes these books of Patrice's very cool association copies.

For more info on the Wandering Series, here's an essay I wrote for The Cimmerian blog a few years ago:

A Book Too Far: The Savage Tale of the Wandering Star Limited Editions

Amazing Stories (March 1942) VG-FN. Classic John Carter cover by John Allen St. John. A very nice copy. $40 $30 Reduced!

scan0017_zps43805568.jpg

Love this cover. :cloud9:

I need to buy something from this thread.

It is awesome; like being in a REH history class full of well trimmed barbarian women.

Weird Tales (June 1936) FR. Classic "Red Nails" Conan cover and story, one of Brundage's most risque. A low grade reading copy with a taped spine, piece out urc, and paper glued to inner fc as reinforcement. Still the cover presents well all things considered and it's a solid reading copy. $85 $75 Reduced!

scan0016_zps7335d241.jpg

hm

scan0017_zps43805568.jpg

:takeit:

That's just a really cool pulp to have hanging around the house.

:headbang:

scan0017_zps43805568.jpg

:takeit:

That's just a really cool pulp to have hanging around the house.

:headbang:

And Tupenny and I were lucky enough to get to see the original art for that painting a few years ago (along with lookwhoitis and KingofRulers). :headbang: