• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Photobucket

77 posts in this topic

why oh why did they mess up a good thing! :pullhair:

don't quote me because this is from memory

but I believe it was pixar that did not renew the photobucket contract

They need to stay in the movie business but get out of the application software business if they did Photobucket! I'm moving on...no more PhotobucketJUNK! for me.

It's PIXLR, not pixar.

Ok, and please if this is possible in the new photobucket tell me how because I can't figure it out and it is driving me :pullhair:

In the old version you could select to view a whole Album on one page. It would load and voila it would always be there and you could scroll around.

Now every time I load an album it only loads as I scroll down, so I scroll ..... wait, more pics come up .... scroll, wait .... I hate this with a white hot passion that I cannot adequately characterize using the English or any other language.

The other think is my Photos are not Longer in Alphabetical order so I have no idea where all my Hulk scans are. I selected list Alphabetically in Album options, but guess what, as another person indicated they ARE NOT all listed Alphabetically still. They got grouped a bit better but not all there.

I can't find the option to switch back to classic, please make it come back. Functionality for comic book purposes SUCKS on this version. :censored::censored::censored:

I sent them an email asking if I could ever link at sizes larger than 1024x768. I got the following reply:

## Please do not write below this line ##

Andrew (Photobucket Support)

Mar 05 03:53 pm (MST)

Hi,

Currently, we're displaying the web-size version of images that are linked out, not the actual size. The original size of the image you uploaded is available for download only.

However, due to user feedback, we'll be re-implementing the ability to link out full size images! This feature should be available before the end of April.

Thank you,

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew@Photobucket Support

Have you tried the All New Photobucket? What are you waiting for?! Give it a shot and join the fun here: http://bit.ly/QlIcxJ

Despite the "positive" answer, I immediately went and joined imgur. End of April means August in computer speak.

Interesting exchange of e-mails. I sent this one at the weekend...

I am a Pro user and renewed for a year in December 2012.

I renewed on the basis that you would provide a useful tool for my business.

As your 'tool' is now less than useless, and bears no resemblance to the tool I purchased, you are guilty of breach of contract. Your 'upgrade' has removed many functions that were vital to myself, including, but not limited to, image size of 1600 x 1200, alphabetical sorting and albums ordered by multiple pages.

I now find myself having to utilise imgur.com and will embark upon the long and frustrating process of reloading thousands of images to my new provider. I wonder what financial compensation you will offer to cover my time?

In all my time as a business owner, I don't think I can remember being so disgusted with a 'service provider'.

...and got this one back from Photobucket yesterday...

Thank you for your feedback.

We've received a lot of detailed comments and ideas on how users would like to view their images. Well, we've been listening and are happy to announce that, due to your suggestions, we will be eliminating infinite scroll and re-introducing page views.

We are on schedule to implement page views over the next few weeks. It will be a slow roll-out to users, with it increasing to more users each week if all goes as planned. We expect this to be completed and available to everyone by the end of March, but that estimate could change if there are any major setbacks or issues with the pagination.

The sort by filename option is currently not available. We've been listening to users like you and we are happy to announce that we are on schedule to implement the ability to sort by filename before the end of March 2013. This feature will allow you to organize whole albums by the file name of the uploaded photos.

Thanks to user feedback, the decision has been made to re-implement upload size options!

Though we don't have a concrete date for when this feature will be available, it is safe to say that you'll be seeing this back on Photobucket soon.

We know you've been waiting and we really appreciate your patience! Please visit our help article on Feature Updates to keep up to date on any additional changes!

http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/22494178

How about the start by asking the users BEFORE making drastic changes

It's win8 all over :facepalm:

And if the infinite scroll referred to is the same as Google image search has now i can only agree, it sucks.

Maybe i should look around for a new provider while i still only have a few hundred images online, didn't we just have a thread about that hm

The thing that drives me nuts is the cryptic code gibberish that now gets inserted into filenames. Is there a way to turn that 'function' off?

When I do code for the VCC booths, among other things, it was helpful to be able to copy and paste image code over and over because I knew my filenames & could just quickly update image names to batman12.jpg, batman13.jpg, batman14.jpg, etc. But with the unique gibberish that's now in every file name, I have to copy and paste every image name from photobucket manually.

Yeah, it sucks. Imgur scrambles file names, too. Photobucket has modified that function though, it can now be turned off. There's a checkbox after you click on "Customize your upload options" after you click on the "Upload" button.

Yeah, it sucks. Imgur scrambles file names, too. Photobucket has modified that function though, it can now be turned off. There's a checkbox after you click on "Customize your upload options" after you click on the "Upload" button.

Clipped and saved your comment. Many thanks for that. :applause:

I seem to have worried somebody. :D This came through an hour ago, unsolicited...

Hi,

You had previously mentioned having upload size options, or the ability to link out original sized images.

I wanted to let you know that both of those options were added to the site yesterday. The link I've provided below will go over how to set your upload sizes, as well as how to enable original size linking.

http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21482225

You will also find information on drag and drop downloading/linking, right click abilities on all photos, and the option to upload from a URL.

Thanks!

Hot damn, it works! You da man, Nick! (worship)

The new layout/interface still blows choad, but at least its useable now.

Not too sure I can claim any real credit for this, but I suspected that the 'breach of contract' line might have at least got some small level of attention.

Yes, they must have been seeing universal disdain from paying users to get anything done that fast.

I seem to have worried somebody. :D This came through an hour ago, unsolicited...

Hi,

You had previously mentioned having upload size options, or the ability to link out original sized images.

I wanted to let you know that both of those options were added to the site yesterday. The link I've provided below will go over how to set your upload sizes, as well as how to enable original size linking.

You will also find information on drag and drop downloading/linking, right click abilities on all photos, and the option to upload from a URL.

Thanks!

I just tried this, and didn't see the option to turn off scrambled filenames. The only options involved file sizes? (shrug)

Hi,

Thanks!

Thank-you!

And yes, take the credit - since you are the one sharing this valuable option!

And to answer the OP's question, the New Photobucket blows donkey dong. Every point or question I've seen posted here, are what I have been pondering or trying to fix for awhile now.

I just tried this, and didn't see the option to turn off scrambled filenames. The only options involved file sizes? (shrug)

It is actually under Privacy, in your user settings.

It is actually under Privacy, in your user settings.

(worship) Thank you.