• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the best copy on the boards?

1,179 posts in this topic

Knew you did - and almost predicted you'd have the Our Flag too but weren't quick enough! Would you kindly post more of those wonderful early Ace books please? They really don't get enough love in my book!

If you are not "disgusted" by my low grades, I have a few Four Favorites.

Also, always on the lookout for a #12 (I‘d even need a coverless copy, especially if PQ is nice). :)

Knew you did - and almost predicted you'd have the Our Flag too but weren't quick enough! Would you kindly post more of those wonderful early Ace books please? They really don't get enough love in my book!

If you are not "disgusted" by my low grades, I have a few Four Favorites.

Also, always on the lookout for a #12 (I‘d even need a coverless copy, especially if PQ is nice). :)

Hardly! Please post away - I'm sure we'd all like to see! Only Jon Berk appears to have deep runs of theses scarce Ace books in high grade - the rest of us make do with what we can find!

Or, in my case, with what one can afford! lol

I have just two or three, I’ll try to scan them. I just got interested in them because of the unusuality of some Unknown Soldier stories in the war context, the covers are pretty nice but the content here and there is so-so… :)

I'm, posting this shabby little article because I once made the mistake of passing on a 9.6 copy, which I still regret. Love the cover, love the Robinson artwork, love the epic bad girl story. Ergo epic fail on my part. Curious to know if anyone has a nice copy to show?

battlefront5.jpg

What a cool cover!

The epic four part story inside by Jerry Robinson is even better than the cover promises!

This one seems to be scarce, anyone else here got one?

Catman9.jpg

That smile she has...brrr. :fear:

Is this the only male superhero in the 40's with a female sidekick?

Bulletman and Bulletgirl come to mind...

I should've remembered them! :sorry:

Hawkman also

i think i owned a book with doll girl in it.