• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whose got the best copy on the boards?

1,179 posts in this topic

Some humor books :)

TOP25009.jpg

The Church copy of this sat in the Geppi Museum. It may still be there.

On opening weekend it glowed. It was one of the most beautiful books in the whole place. For some reason it made a big impression on me. But on each subsequent visit it impressed less and less. The last time I was there a couple of years ago it dawned on me...the darn thing was fading! It looked dull and washed out. Just a shame because that was one killer black cover.

TOP25009.jpg

On opening weekend it glowed. It was one of the most beautiful books in the whole place. For some reason it made a big impression on me. But on each subsequent visit it impressed less and less. The last time I was there a couple of years ago it dawned on me...the darn thing was fading! It looked dull and washed out. Just a shame because that was one killer black cover.

Such a scarce book. Such a wonderful cover. Such a shame.

TOP25009.jpg

It amazes me that they would let that happen :(

TOP25009.jpg

It amazes me that they would let that happen :(

I'm sure they thought their high tech display cabinets and special lighting were a lot less damaging then they turned out to be. And disposable pulp paper is going to degrade much quicker than the usual museum fare. Especially pulp with a jet black cover.

:applause: All kinds of great books being posted. Hopefully TB will see this thread so he can post every book in his collection.

Here's one of my few highest graded, at least until some pedigree copy shows up.

WesternActionThrillers1CGC90_zps4828b7e6.jpg

That's a great looking book. I don't think I've ever seen it.