• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My only piece of OA

3 posts in this topic

Hi all... just dropping by cuz I was going through some old portfolios and ended up taking some pictures. Memories you know :hi:

Its from issue #6 of the 80's Mr. X title, and represents a certain period of time for my life and where I was at in my reading. I really liked this series, and was very happy to see Seth's work in the wake of the Hernandez bros.

Anyways, in 2009, I saw that Seth was going to be one of the artist guests at SDCC and took the piece with me, stood in line and all that, and had him sign it. It was pretty cool to see his expression when he first looked at it. It was a piece of his work that he hadn't seen in years and years.

Must be strange to pour over a creation, and then look back on it so long afterwords. So his buddy, another artist guy who was sitting there with him.... I'm sad to say I failed to remember his name... :sorry:

asked if he could take a look at it.... and held it himself, studying the linework. It was like he was looking at something I couldn't see.

So, I said all that to say..... he signed it for me :)

MrXSethOA1_zps56ad1c4b.jpg

MrXSethOA2_zps17d2ef3d.jpg

MrXSethOA3_zps4ce88d33.jpg

mrxinsidepages2_zpsc98d7fd9.jpg

mrxinsidepages3_zpsb1af95fa.jpg

mrxinsidepages1_zpsae46de14.jpg