• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR-AP! Found another...(was:Conan interior page (revealed)

29 posts in this topic

Don't get overconfident! They aren't all this easy. :)

Congrats on the catch.

I hear you. That one almost hit me upside the head with it's obviousness. While I was shopping around, it seemed like there was a price threshold of about $150 to $200 on almost all Conan pages that had the kind of artwork I was looking for. So from there, when I saw so much personality and story in a single page, I knew I got lucky and pulled the trigger as quick as I could.

Funny thing is, the wife says it still doesn't go on our family room wall. :) Oh well.

SPOON IT! WTH just happened to me! I'm scroo-ed! I just saw another one I have to have. My God it's gorgeous!

More questions.

Is it bad form to try to haggle a little bit with an on-line seller?

Also, suppose you're looking at the first page of a first issue of a comicbook and it's cool, but you really like another page in the same first issue a little better and it's more money. Is it better to go with the "hey it' the first page of the issue no. 1" or, "hey, this is frickin' beautiful".

Man...seriously, this is gonna be a problem...I can already tell.

WC

SPOON IT! WTH just happened to me! I'm scroo-ed! I just saw another one I have to have. My God it's gorgeous!

Weird, you collect OA and you found a page you MUST HAVE right after purchasing a page. Please tell me how that feels :makepoint:

More questions.

Is it on my website? then YES

Someone else is selling? Never hurts to ask :grin:

Also, suppose you're looking at the first page of a first issue of a comicbook and it's cool, but you really like another page in the same first issue a little better and it's more money. Is it better to go with the "hey it' the first page of the issue no. 1" or, "hey, this is frickin' beautiful".

With slabs they say, "buy the book, not the grade. With OA, "Buy the page, not the page number" (I just made that up, but it sounds good)

Man...seriously, this is gonna be a problem...I can already tell.

WC

Already? It took you this long? meh

Re-read the thread. Everyone else has been offering their condolences since day 1 :gossip:

It gets us all, don't worry :foryou:

It's clearly better to just buy both.

Once again, condolences for being bitten by the bug. :)

It is perfectly fine to ask. If it's a dealer, you might include your other page as part of what you offer.

I've never heard anyone brag about their page number; bragging about what's on the page, sure. Of course, the first page (the splash) is often the best page, but definitely not always.

Man...seriously, this is gonna be a problem...I can already tell. WC

You don't know how much trouble you are facing. :)

It is fun though.

Wow...those links are what I needed!

Man, I found the coolest page! I've sent an email inquiry about it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend, but it has absolutely everything I could hope for in a single page.

I'm trying to find out if the seller is going to be a megacon so I can pick it up there.

I'd tell ya'll more, but I have to make sure I've put some money down on this thing first. :) A link is forthcoming...might take a couple days.

Oh man, I'm really jazzed about this!

Now maybe a fire sale on comics to raise some cash...

WC

. . . and so it begins.

Congrats on finding a page for your collection. :golfclap:

Dude, you are screwed. It will not end until your wife cuts off your access to the bank account.

hahaha...

Just one more page then I am taking a break guys!

... and as a warning to you all I have bought a couple of sketches and a small commission since making this statement :sorry:

I wonder if I am too late in warning people on here about the adictive nature of collecting comic art hm