• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED : A LURKERS CONFESSION

38 posts in this topic

1. To all Newbies DO NOT USE ONLY GRAEMLINS TO REPLY (FFB was right)

this becomes the lazy way out, it's harder to write it out but it will make you think.

2. Spelling is important in these boards(but can to forgiven if there is real passion, or real

knowledge in your message(POV ,love your stuff sp's and all)

3. If you have no self-controll,(name -calling,outrages rants, self -absorbed-tirade,flamming,or

other such) you wiil,a. burn-out, b. take a strike, or c. not be around long, Being ignored is the

worst.

4. People here are very forgiving(YES you've heard this before, because it's true.)

We all want to advance the love of comics,CGC, the boards,and what we know.

5. If you start a post be ready to either sit back a let it play out or respond as if you'r in a

conversation.(give and take )

6.Do not take everything said here personally(it not all about being right), sometimes we just

like to guff on one another(and thats not a bad thing )

7. Take comfort in knowing that everyone has some to say(listen you may learn something)

8. That this is a group of people that i call

friends

thanks all for letting me stay and play Stephen AKA the Brain

sumo.gif

893frustrated.gif Danged NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

He only said newbies shouldn't post with gremlins only.

Us old guys still can! thumbsup2.gifacclaim.gif

Well I have to agree that "this becomes the lazy way out, it's harder to write it out but it will make you think." 27_laughing.gif

PS - I think the odometer should roll over after 20,000 posts and start at zero again! grin.gif

sumo.gif

893frustrated.gif Danged NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

He only said newbies shouldn't post with gremlins only.

Us old guys still can! thumbsup2.gifacclaim.gif

Well I have to agree that "this becomes the lazy way out, it's harder to write it out but it will make you think." 27_laughing.gif

PS - I think the odometer should roll over after 20,000 posts and start at zero again! grin.gif

i'm not a Newbie ither, rather i am a cadet. 27_laughing.gif

yes the roll-over 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1. To all Newbies DO NOT USE ONLY GRAEMLINS TO REPLY (FFB was right)

this becomes the lazy way out, it's harder to write it out but it will make you think.

2. Spelling is important in these boards(but can to forgiven if there is real passion, or real

knowledge in your message(POV ,love your stuff sp's and all)

3. If you have no self-controll,(name -calling,outrages rants, self -absorbed-tirade,flamming,or

other such) you wiil,a. burn-out, b. take a strike, or c. not be around long, Being ignored is the

worst.

4. People here are very forgiving(YES you've heard this before, because it's true.)

We all want to advance the love of comics,CGC, the boards,and what we know.

5. If you start a post be ready to either sit back a let it play out or respond as if you'r in a

conversation.(give and take )

6.Do not take everything said here personally(it not all about being right), sometimes we just

like to guff on one another(and thats not a bad thing )

7. Take comfort in knowing that everyone has some to say(listen you may learn something)

8. That this is a group of people that i call

friends

thanks all for letting me stay and play Stephen AKA the Brain

I have no problem being a newbie. I am just taking in all the knowledge on this board and soaking it up. I know to take nothing on these boards personally, but I do have an issue with someone who list the rules but cannot follow them themselves. I count at least 4 misspellings in the post that tells us how important spelling is. To me what is important is if the message is conveyed and not that is spelled correctly and has perfect grammar. Just an observation so carry on and thanks for letting me hang around so far.