• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Jack Davis ever pencil for Warren???

4 posts in this topic

I saw an awesome example of his cross-hatching technique in the Crumb coffee-table book...made me wonder whether or not he ever penciled any stories for JW.

Someone dig out their Warren Companion and lemme know!!!

Found this quote in an interview from JD , pertaining to why he didn't produce much for Warren

Intriguingly, Davis returned briefly to horror in 1964 for Warren Publications with a memorably chilling cover for the black-and-white Creepy #1, with a cover featuring Uncle Creepy. He soon created Cousin Eerie for the cover of Eerie #1.

In the recently released Warren Companion from TwoMorrows Publishing, Davis gave an interview with Bill Alger about his days with Kurtzman at Warren. He explained why he avoided getting back into drawing horror stories.

"I think I began to get into other things,” he said. “The money in advertising was a lot better. Again, it was horror stuff that I just didn't want to do. I love to do sports and humor."

Full interview here