• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Americans, post 'em if you got 'em!!!

45 posts in this topic

I don't have a copy of #10.

Here's one. I only have 3 pre-GL All-American's and two of them happen to be ones you are missing.

all_american_10.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about!! Although I've run across a couple of copies of 15 (none unrestored), I've never seen a #10. Thanks for scanning it. It's amazing how varied those early All-American covers were.

Everyone that has posted in this thread - I LOVE YOU ALL! Nothing makes my day more than seeing books I've never seen before, and learning about obscure golden age superheroes. If you're ever in central Ohio and tired from travel, you'll have a place to stay! I'll even have my girlfriend, who in my mind is a world famous chef, rustle you all up some food!

P.S. Bring the books too, so I can read 'em!

AWESOME THREAD GUYS! I got to leaf through my friend's All-American #16. It was about a F/VF with some moderate professional resto. What is it about that book - they all seem restored!

I used to have a beautiful VG copy of All American 7 that I foolishly traded for other GA books. I've been looking for another, but apparently even Metropolis doesn't seem to have one right now. CentaurMan, if you ever want to sell yours, or know of one that's available, let me know.

I love these pre-GL All Americans! cloud9.gif

I have attempted to get at least one of each of the cover-featured characters in All-American. (Though I think I'll let my Ultra-Man cover from #15 count for the entire pre-16 run.)

Here's the sample Mutt & Jeff cover I own. So corny, it's appealing, kind of like vaudeville-- a true time capsule!

572863-aa79.JPG

572863-aa79.JPG.2c0c274a4d66ea52120910cc75b09f00.JPG

Have a few of the GL covers. Here's one by Alex Toth. Not sure about the writing on the cover: Looks like "James Toth." Someone savvy enough to note the cover artist (and interior artist) would likely also be savvy enough not to scribble his name on the cover, yes? Or is James Toth a relative of Alex's?

572877-aa96.JPG

572877-aa96.JPG.69d3fe80b0a57ecd9a6bb51e11401d9c.JPG

Finally, the intro of Johnny Thunder, and the beginning of the end of the super-heroes in All-American. This one's spine is completely split, unfortunately. frown.gif

572881-aa100.JPG

572881-aa100.JPG.a6ef5b7339ebac553ae8bf27a58b2243.JPG

Fantastic stuff, Zonker! 893applaud-thumb.gif I wasn't aware that there were non-Green Lantern humor covers that far into the run. That Mutt & Jeff one was a total surprise.

I forgot all about GL's dog, too. He was practically the star of a number of the later issues.

As for us Hop Harrigan investors, don't worry, all we have to do is wait for the inevitable movie. I mean, what's kewler than a child aviator and his hefty buddy? Hollywood should be all over this, and then we can sell into the mania!!