• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comics do you love to read again and again???

69 posts in this topic

Most of Clowes's work.

Clowes is great.

Another indie favourite of mine for reading is Charles Burns' work. Very dark and bizarre, art clearly influenced by Al Feldstein, and with the same unsettling, tense edge to it.

Just finished the Kingdom Come TPB. WOW! Just WOW!

This will definitely be a favorite for a long time to come. Superman vs. Captain Marvel is quite the battle.

+ 1

The Absolute Edition is stunning.

Just finished the Kingdom Come TPB. WOW! Just WOW!

This will definitely be a favorite for a long time to come. Superman vs. Captain Marvel is quite the battle.

I loved that fight as well. Epic.

I really like a lot of the aforementioned books. But my absolute favorite is Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2/Avengers Annual #7. I'm surprised no one mentioned this Starlin masterpiece.

I did. Starlin's Thanos Saga.

My misunderstanding. I'm the kind of guy who needs "twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us" ( a brownie point if you know which song that's from). The Thanos Saga is awesome in scope, rivaling Kirby's Fourth World IMHO. Anyways, the epic in those two books are great as a stand alone story. I was so impressed with the story when it first came out that I got another set for my brother to read.

The first 150 issues of the Amazing Spider-Man

The first 102 issues of the Fantastic Four.

All Frank Miller Daredevil issues.

All Walt Simonson Thor issues.

Uncanny X-men 94 to 200.

The first 100 issues of Conan the Barbarian.

Tomb of Dracula 1 to 70.

Lone Wolf and Cub from beginning to end!

Detective Comics #471-476(my favorite Batman story ark).

The above stuff is why I love comic books! :cloud9:

I really like a lot of the aforementioned books. But my absolute favorite is Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2/Avengers Annual #7. I'm surprised no one mentioned this Starlin masterpiece.

I did. Starlin's Thanos Saga.

I concur. You have to add Strange Tales 178-181 and Warlock 9-15, which are also top draw.

oh yeah! Great stuff! (thumbs u

I read the Marvel Star Wars 1-107 every few years, which has become easier with the various TPBs that Dark Horse has published collecting these comics. Most everything up to Return of the Jedi is terrific. After Return of the Jedi, not so much. The high points for me are the Wheel storyline (18-23), Valance the Hunter's intro (16) and demise (29), and the Tarkin storyline (51,52). I actually enjoyed all of the Walt Simonson drawn issues immensely.

It also makes me miss the days when every story didn't revolve around a Jedi. I liked that the universe was used, the general population was hostile towards robots, factions and individuals within the Empire were jostling for the Emperor's favor, and not every hero came equipped with a lightsaber. Introduced before the movies are Bounty Hunters, asteroid field navigation, Star Destroyer bridges, a "second" Death Star in the form of the Tarkin, and a whole host of other ideas. We saw the universe from the eyes of the subjugated populace, the seedy underworld, and the tyrannical Imperials. I always though the Rebel infiltration of the Tarkin made for a better storyline than the second half of the Return of the Jedi movie.