• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May C-Link Auction

38 posts in this topic

RADAD302201335_10613.jpg

This is one of my favorite Cap covers. That said, its a cover I think was very much enhanced by color printing. As compositions in black & white, I like a lot of Cap splashes better than most of the covers from this run. Two of those splashes have gone recently in C-Link auctions in the 8 to 10K range.

What do we think this will go for? The description plays up the significance of the Red Skull, & I would add that (I think) this is Cap's FINAL encounter with the Skull in the Kirby canon.

RADAD302201335_10613.jpg

This is one of my favorite Cap covers. That said, its a cover I think was very much enhanced by color printing. As compositions in black & white, I like a lot of Cap splashes better than most of the covers from this run. Two of those splashes have gone recently in C-Link auctions in the 8 to 10K range.

What do we think this will go for? The description plays up the significance of the Red Skull, & I would add that (I think) this is Cap's FINAL encounter with the Skull in the Kirby canon.

I never 'got' Kirby, and although I can appreciate what he's meant to a lot of folks on this board, this cover is just :sick:

from the 2nd run on the book, i would consider this one one of the better covers.

(thumbs u You read my mind

Me too. In general I think Kirby's latter-half-of-the-70's covers are weaker than the interiors.

Could be Royer. His inking usually seems a little smoother than this to me. Just a subtle sort of more-tied together look. I'm discounting the looseness of Cap because he is so beaten up that it's appropriate, but The Skull's clothes and the rock overhead seem more like Giacoia or Verpoorten to me.