• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129 cgc 9.0 how much?

56 posts in this topic

And I know the whoile board is going to hate me, but GPA is NOT God. There are so many variables (page quality, the seller's feedback, what time the auction ended, seasonal flux etc etc) that I don't think GPA can be held up as "religiously" as some people hold it up as. I can understand using GPA as a guide (nothing more - nothing less) but c'mon! I think people use it as a crutch -- "I'm only offering you this becuz that's what the average GPA is..."

He asked what a reasonable price is. He did not ask what the GPA "average" price was. Geez.

And a comic is worth as much as you're willing to pay for it!

And no, I don't have a GPA subscription and no, I never plan on getting one. I did the trial subscription and I was disappointed.

And I know the whoile board is going to hate me, but GPA is NOT God. There are so many variables (page quality, the seller's feedback, what time the auction ended, seasonal flux etc etc) that I don't think GPA can be held up as "religiously" as some people hold it up as. I can understand using GPA as a guide (nothing more - nothing less) but c'mon! I think people use it as a crutch -- "I'm only offering you this becuz that's what the average GPA is..."

He asked what a reasonable price is. He did not ask what the GPA "average" price was. Geez.

And a comic is worth as much as you're willing to pay for it!

And no, I don't have a GPA subscription and no, I never plan on getting one. I did the trial subscription and I was disappointed.

To echo these statements everytime I buy a book above $100 I always consult Greggy, forum legend and the most high DC Guru 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

It's not the GPA numbers that I am looking for rather it's his FEEL for the book - the relative valuations relative to other comparable books, the scarcity of the book, if he thinks that the census will swell, etc.

Not to say that GPA is a waste of money but it's just one part of the picture. With the collective knowledge on these boards I think asking for price information from knowledgeable forum members is a smart thing to do thumbsup2.gif

ill not ask about prices again.

learn something new everyday i guess juggle.gifboo.gif

Ask about prices all you want. You didn't ask for the GPA price, someone posted it, but you didn't ask for it. GPA isn't the only source for pricing info (despite what some would have you believe). Ask all the questions you want and ignore those that don't care to be helpful......like me. thumbsup2.gif

Exactly thumbsup2.gif

Altho I don't collect DC's (shudder) just kidding guys! most of the stuff I buy these days is DC...

I agree... going to a fellow forum member and pumping(?) them for info is almost as good or better than any guide. There are a lot of people like OldGuy who are willing to help out. gossip.gif

Ask all the questions you want and ignore those that don't care to be helpful......like me.

SA = Silver Age

foreheadslap.gif

That's me. Say one one thing and do another. Don't worry, I'll flame his next question. thumbsup2.gif

hehe, i was quite scared boo.gif after asking my first opinion on prices and not general stuff, and was given somewhat an unfriendly (not flame, because apparently i'll know it when he does flame 893scratchchin-thumb.gif) respnose from FFB... from that i was gonna stop asking price questions in all...

But after you guys i realised i shouldn't let one person spoil the whole group, thanks a lot guys, if i need help / advice i'll know where to come next. i'll make sure to keep GPA out of my posts, as some ppl value their GPA secrets a hell of a lot! thumbsup2.gif

Exactly thumbsup2.gif

Altho I don't collect DC's (shudder) just kidding guys! most of the stuff I buy these days is DC...

I agree... going to a fellow forum member and pumping(?) them for info is almost as good or better than any guide. There are a lot of people like OldGuy who are willing to help out. gossip.gif

I am happy to help people out. Hell, I do it constantly.

I read his second question about the second book as another request for GPA info. If it wasn't a request for GPA info, then nevermind. But that's how I read it. And I didn't jump on him either -- I just suggested that he get a subscription if he wanted GPA info.

Exactly thumbsup2.gif

I read his second question about the second book as another request for GPA info. If it wasn't a request for GPA info, then nevermind. But that's how I read it. And I didn't jump on him either -- I just suggested that he get a subscription if he wanted GPA info.

Maybe this will teach you a lesson. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hehe, i was quite scared boo.gif after asking my first opinion on prices and not general stuff, and was given somewhat an unfriendly (not flame, because apparently i'll know it when he does flame 893scratchchin-thumb.gif) respnose from FFB... from that i was gonna stop asking price questions in all...

But after you guys i realised i shouldn't let one person spoil the whole group, thanks a lot guys, if i need help / advice i'll know where to come next. i'll make sure to keep GPA out of my posts, as some ppl value their GPA secrets a hell of a lot! thumbsup2.gif

Arnold, if you want to call me out and start an argument, you're doing a great job. My initial response to you was not unfriendly. I was very careful not to be rude in my response, although you apparently took my suggestion that you get a GPA subscription as a "flame," which is wasn't. Maybe you oughtta just drop it? Your passive aggressive whining is not going to get you anywhere.

Exactly thumbsup2.gif

Maybe this will teach you a lesson. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

confused.gif

Arnold, if you want to call me out and start an argument, you're doing a great job. My initial response to you was not unfriendly. I was very careful not to be rude in my response, although you apparently took my suggestion that you get a GPA subscription as a "flame," which is wasn't. Maybe you oughtta just drop it? Your passive aggressive whining is not going to get you anywhere.

I took your post to be rude, not JC rude, yet rude enough.

As a wise man once said "If you can't emoticon something nice, then don't emoticon at all."

Have a nice day! flowerred.gif

i was just a bit upset that stereotyped me as some1 who would ask for GPA prices just because im a noob to these boards, hell u said it urself, u didnt read some of my posts fully, u just asumed that i was asking for GPA price! im sorry if i have been rude too, im willing to put this behind us and start over 893applaud-thumb.gif