• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And another E-bay seller to avoid

97 posts in this topic

So now you're dealing with the pony tailed Devil too? 27_laughing.gif

Terence,..and yes I know you are Terrence, because you style of writing is very distinctive,.... e.g. "Hmm?" ,which was in every e-mail you sent me today,...I have decided not to pursue this any further on a public message board,...and I will not post the scan because the crease is not visible on a scan due to the white back cover ,and you know that,...what I will do is bring the book to the Baltimore con so everyone can see it in person,...as I stated to you on the phone several times today ( and yes miraculously your E-bay contact # now works, and when I call you answer, as opposed to yesterday's response of " No one here at that name"),...All I asked for was a refund,..you have flat out refused this,.....I will not pursue this any further except through E-bay Fraud,..I will not respond to your shills on this board,...so please give it up,..you're not fooling anyone...

J.D.

How many times has EBAY banned him. He keeps resurfacing under different names. He sold me some restored books a while back. I have no proof but I thought he was associated with CGG. Thats what I heard through friend of a friend of a friend but it is impossible to trace based on how it was set up.

Finally sorry about you getting stiffed.

I've had my suspicians for a while now that Michael_JC is Daniel Peterson. Michael, if I am incorrect then I apologize. But knowing that Daniel cannot defend himself personally on the boards here I can understand him creating a shill in order to still defend the company. I rarely see Michael_JC anywhere else than on a CGG related thread. The few instances that he posts elsewhere I believe are in an attempt to look legit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif -----Sid

P.S. Do a search on Michael JC, you'll see what I mean. This guy IS Daniel. Not that I care as I think he does have a right to defend CGG, just wanted to point that out that this guy is a CGG shill.

I guess I am just drawn to controversy. I 1st joined the boards to comment on a thread about CGG. Very few of the other threads hold much interest for myself. I have seen no real proof of wrongdoing which is probably why it reads like I am always defending them.

So now you're dealing with the pony tailed Devil too? 27_laughing.gif

Terence,..and yes I know you are Terrence, because you style of writing is very distinctive,.... e.g. "Hmm?" ,which was in every e-mail you sent me today,...I have decided not to pursue this any further on a public message board,...and I will not post the scan because the crease is not visible on a scan due to the white back cover ,and you know that,...what I will do is bring the book to the Baltimore con so everyone can see it in person,...as I stated to you on the phone several times today ( and yes miraculously your E-bay contact # now works, and when I call you answer, as opposed to yesterday's response of " No one here at that name"),...All I asked for was a refund,..you have flat out refused this,.....I will not pursue this any further except through E-bay Fraud,..I will not respond to your shills on this board,...so please give it up,..you're not fooling anyone...

J.D.

JD,

Can you post a scan of the visible evidence of the book being removed from the slab?

I've had my suspicians for a while now that Michael_JC is Daniel Peterson. Michael, if I am incorrect then I apologize. But knowing that Daniel cannot defend himself personally on the boards here I can understand him creating a shill in order to still defend the company. I rarely see Michael_JC anywhere else than on a CGG related thread. The few instances that he posts elsewhere I believe are in an attempt to look legit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif -----Sid

P.S. Do a search on Michael JC, you'll see what I mean. This guy IS Daniel. Not that I care as I think he does have a right to defend CGG, just wanted to point that out that this guy is a CGG shill.

I guess I am just drawn to controversy. I 1st joined the boards to comment on a thread about CGG. Very few of the other threads hold much interest for myself. I have seen no real proof of wrongdoing which is probably why it reads like I am always defending them.

Not exactly a denial, is it?

Or much or a strenuous defence?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bump -

This thread oddly faded into oblivion... confused-smiley-013.gif

But it still lives on the CPG boards. A few thoughts...

I don't think for a second that the Rocketeer is a liar or has an axe to grind. He is a known good guy.

TDComix (Christinascollectibles) on the other hand has a long history of being involved in questionable situations. Some proven, others not. But where there is [consistantly] smoke, there is usually fire.

I think Rocketeer made a BIG mistake by making an ambiguous accusation and then not backing it up. We still don't know if the item was damaged in the mail or the slab was deliberately tampered with. And you can't make allegations without being crystal clear and offering photographic evidence if possible. The FIRST thing I would do if I had a problem with a delivery is take a picture of it and the damaged box.

There no doubt in my mind that the Rocketeer had a legitimate problem -- whether it was a seller or mail problem. But he is guilty of not clearly stating his case and backing it up with evidence.

Maybe TDComix was at fault, maybe not... but it is awful coincidental that their name shows up very often in hincky cases. In any event, here is another instance where TD gets a "pass" because the accuser didn't do his homework and present a clear, concise case. (The ASM Scan fiasco was another case where the complainant didn't scan the books before he took them out of the CGG slabs)

Nothing personal Rocketeer flowerred.gif .. I just wish that you had better presented the case so some conclusion could be reached... confused-smiley-013.gif

Zippy, very well said. I agree that accusors do need to back up their statements with hard evidence. Unfortunately in many cases there is no evidence but a strong "hunch". Probably half of the people perceived as guilty on these boards are actually innocent but perceived as guilty due to someone's hunch or one-sided story that is presented as a "fact". -----Sid sign-rantpost.gif

Zippy, very well said. I agree that accusors do need to back up their statements with hard evidence. Unfortunately in many cases there is no evidence but a strong "hunch". Probably half of the people perceived as guilty on these boards are actually innocent but perceived as guilty due to someone's hunch or one-sided story that is presented as a "fact". -----Sid sign-rantpost.gif

...please Sid,...from day one if I say black ,..you say white,... .so I've grown to take your comments with a grain of salt,...and as far a scan goes it won't show the defects of the book,...there is an impact line that runs parallel to the spine a 1/2 inch from the spine on both the front and back cover,..almost as if it was held in a clip binder,....the case is open on two sides,...if the book wasn't replaced then CGG has a lot of explaining to do cause it wouldn't grade over an 8.0 w/CGC,...

...Zipp,..if you want PM me your address and I'll mail it to you,....you can look at it for yourself,...the book is loose in the case....it slides right out w/the inner seal...anyone can have resealed it.....you people have to learn that scans don't show everything.....

...please Sid,...from day one if I say black ,..you say white,... .so I've grown to take your comments with a grain of salt,...and as far a scan goes it won't show the defects of the book,...there is an impact line that runs parallel to the spine a 1/2 inch from the spine on both the front and back cover,..almost as if it was held in a clip binder,....the case is open on two sides,...if the book wasn't replaced then CGG has a lot of explaining to do cause it wouldn't grade over an 8.0 w/CGC,...

...Zipp,..if you want PM me your address and I'll mail it to you,....you can look at it for yourself,.....you people have to learn that scans don't show everything.....

Rocketeer, where in my post did I say anything about YOU? Huh? I was speaking in general terms. You must be fairly paranoid to think I was speaking about you personally. -----Sid

...How bout we do this,...I'll send the book to a third neutral party,...someone we all trust as a fair grader,...Banner,...Darth,...Storms,....we let them look at the book and give it a judge,...

...Zipp,..if you want PM me your address and I'll mail it to you,....you can look at it for yourself,...the book is loose in the case....it slides right out w/the inner seal...anyone can have resealed it.....you people have to learn that scans don't show everything.....

But I'm still not clear what you are saying. Bear in mind that the CGG label is sealed in the same inner well that the book is in. It would be practically impossible to mix and match labels/books without obviously tearing the inner well open.

So, with this in mind, are you saying:

1 - The INNER well WAS opened and the book or label was switched out (deliberate fraud)

2 - The outer shell is cracked and the item was damaged before it was sent to you (seller knowingly sent you damaged goods)

3 - The whole slab was damaged in shipping and the book is no longer in the label grade (accidental damage in mail)

Maybe it's just confusion with the terms, but you are very unclear as to what is wrong with what you received. Even above, you state that "the book is loose in the case" This could mean that the book is no longer in the inner well and just floating inside the hardshell case, or it could mean that the book, still sealed the inner well, is loose in a cracked case, etc.

Rocket, I'm NOT trying to bust your chops, I just want to clearly know what happened!! Please be very clear with your terms. flowerred.gif

We can presume the outer hardshell case is cracked.

* Is the book still sealed in the inner well? Or do you think the inner well was opened and resealed?

..and I'm not trying to be difficult,.. I really want to move on,..I'm out $350.00,..and screwed and don't feel like going through a trail to defend myself,...I posted the thread so people would know,...I don't feel I have to prove what I say If you believe me fine,...If you don't,..that's fine too,...but I'll go through it one more time...

1.)...The scan that Leder set up on the auction was cropped about a 1/2 in from the bottom,...he's taken the scan down so there is no way to show you ...

2.)...the case is cracked open on the bottom left corner ,...coincidentally just where the photo was cropped....

3.)...the entire book with label comes easily out of the case,...with one seal broken you can literally just open it up and slide it in and out

4.) .... ANYONE with a daisy seal-a-meal can take another book and seal it in a new inner well with any label,...and that's what I believe was done....period

...can I prove it?...no,..but I do know the difference between an 8.0 and a 9.8.....and I'm more than happy to float the book to anyone who wants to see,...I was planning to take it to Baltimore to do just that.....

...No I have not,....the only thing I did was contact Leder,...I called him at the number provided to me from E-bay,...twice he answered the phone and pretended that I had the wrong number,...I then put in a fraud report to E-bay and neg'd him,...and I have Never neg'd anyone on E-bay,...just check my feedback left for others,...it's not something I like to do but I felt that people should be alerted of this seller,..at this point I didn't even know he was tzcardsncomics,...I didn't find out till the next day when I posted the alert thread in the forum,....at this point Leder called me and was pizzed about both the thread and the feedback,...he accused me of being a paid saboteur for CGC and was out to deliberately try to make him look bad,...i spoke to him several times that day and miraculously the tel# that didn't work the day before now went directly to Leder,...Iasked him for a refund and he said no,...he told me to file a claim with the post office,....I told him about my suspicions and asked him to again refund my money and if he wanted to put in a claim he could,...he refused,...and that was the last time I spoke to him......