• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine in the local cinema lobby.

66 posts in this topic

Finally got to see this movie last night. I liked it.

In the beginning of the movie when Logan is walking down the mountain and scratches the tree that has been previously marked, isn't that the tree Sabretooth marked in X-Men Origins Wolverine before killing Silverfox? It's right before he crosses paths with the grizzly bear.

I wonder if that means we will see Sabretooth again in the near future.

Good eye...yeah that one slipped passed me.

At first I thought it was a challenge to the grizzly's territory. But then it hit me what it was tied back to, and why he would take a chunk out of the tree like that.

I took it to be the bear's markings. I guess it could be Sabretooth's although Wolverine's memory was wiped at the end of Wolverine Origins so I'm not sure if he would know this was Sabretooth's or the scene of Silverfox's "death". I'm probably looking into it too deeply.

Finally got to see this movie last night. I liked it.

In the beginning of the movie when Logan is walking down the mountain and scratches the tree that has been previously marked, isn't that the tree Sabretooth marked in X-Men Origins Wolverine before killing Silverfox? It's right before he crosses paths with the grizzly bear.

I wonder if that means we will see Sabretooth again in the near future.

Good eye...yeah that one slipped passed me.

At first I thought it was a challenge to the grizzly's territory. But then it hit me what it was tied back to, and why he would take a chunk out of the tree like that.

I took it to be the bear's markings. I guess it could be Sabretooth's although Wolverine's memory was wiped at the end of Wolverine Origins so I'm not sure if he would know this was Sabretooth's or the scene of Silverfox's "death". I'm probably looking into it too deeply.

Just saw the unrated version on Sat, I liked some parts, others kind of made me just want to read the mini again and turn off the movie.

I took the markings on the tree as the bear marking it's territory and Wolvie doing the same. If you look at the scene there are multiple tress with claw marks.

I was blown away by the credit teaser

Looks like in the first movie there are 4 marks. On the most recent movie there are 5 marks

I did notice that. But when you look at the first picture, at the high point you barely see the scratch up by where a thumb would be if it was Sabretooth.

It just seemed odd in the second movie how he looked at the markings and went after it so fiercely. But it may be nothing.

but why did the scratch on top get longer over the years?

(shrug)

Like I said, could be nothing. It was just his actions that made me wonder if they were trying to make him react out of muscle memory, since at this point he wouldn't remember the original events.