• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective #111

9 posts in this topic

It's a little tough to judge how CGC will treat this book but if you're looking at that Action 93 as a barometer, well this 'Tec 111 could grade anywhere from a 7.0 to 8.0 in my opinion.

I didn't think that Action 93 would get the grade that it did but then again, I've seen SA Marvel books chipped all the way down the right side get 4.0's and better...

That's one nice looking Detective Comics regardless! :applause:

I think the seller and buyer were much closer than CGC in their initial assessment of the Action 93 - my initial reaction was 4.5/5.0 before seeing the end of the thread. With all due respect, I wouldn't pay anywhere near 7.0 FMV for a book with tanning interior covers, page tears and noticeable chips out of the front cover.

While I find front cover chips a bit distracting, I can see a book being in the FN range

if it's reasonably small and the book is otherwise high grade in appearance. If it's a really tiny corner chip, I can see going up to the VF range.

I'd think the Tec is around a 5.0/5.5, but CGC might be a tad more generous ( though I wouldn't count on a miracle grade - it doesn't happen every time).