• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another eBay buyer to block

220 posts in this topic

I am tempted to say no. You got a SMOKING hot deal on the Spidey #300 (It's now selling for $300 in that condition), so if I'm going to allow a return almost a month later, it will have to be everything.

I hadn't accepted anything. I told the buyer to read the description, then get back to me. Yes, I understand that "if I'm going to allow a return almost a month later" can be construed as "yes, I will accept a return"....except it was immediately preceded by "I'm tempted to say no", which means I hadn't made up my mind yet.

but why did you agree to take back the book if he also reruns the ASM 300, but then back out ?

I didn't, clearly.

It is not clear, simply because you say "clearly"

I read it as: IF I am going to take a return THEN the terms are "X". Clearly the buyer did also, as well as quite a few readers here.

Most people would take this to mean that, despite your reservations, you will take the return.

Why would you even say the bolded part if you weren't taking the books back ?

Ok fine, you didn't agree to any sort of return. Don't know why you bothered with the "if" if it was t a negotiation of a possible return, but I agree, you never agreed. The buyer app. understood that too, which tells me it probably was a mistake and nothing nefarious.

If if he files a charge back. Then yeah, he's a dikk, and should be blocked.

I think a few less of these- *!!* and a few more of these ..."arent" in the title description would have helped the situation from the beginning.

Sure I use key words in my titles. Even crammed a few with more than I should have, but when selling an X-Men #94. I believe "x-men 94" pretty much says enough in most cases. I think when selling a restored copy. The word "restored" is a little more significant than "4th wolverine" or the use of "x-men" a second time.

Again. It's the buyers fault. Happens a the time on eBay.

So you agree to accept the return the book and then backed out of it? (shrug) The other deal has nothing to do with this one, IMO. Ebay will not look at both transactions only the one.

Wrong. On all counts.

Sorry, your communication is bad, IMO. You can say all the if's and but's you want. All the buyer sees is you made a condition on the return and he agreed to it. Personally, you typed it here for us to see and others are stating it sounds like you are reneging on your return.

If I was the seller, I would never had mentioned anything about a return as it was after the 14 day period and you disclosed all defects in the description. You can get mad at me but I am just explaining how I am interpreting your statement to the buyer. If I am reading into something that wasn't intended, perhaps the buyer will too. (shrug)

It's the buyer's mistake and he should suck it up.

However, you should have put "Apparent" in your title description.

meh

I did.

* Uncanny X-MEN #94 New X-Men Begin! 4th Wolverine! App NM 9.4 *

It does not say "4th Wolverine App." It says "4th Wolverine (exclamation point)", indicating a separate phrase follows.

"4th Wolverine! App" makes no sense.

Remember, there are only 84 characters with which to deal.

RMA you are in the right and the seller messed up, but I just have to bust your balls; if you kept your listing title as is and spelled out apparent you would still have 11 characters left over. lol:baiting:

lol

Oops

RMA fail.

I didn't even check. ;)

(Still a non-issue.)

If I may bust YOUR balls, though, I am the seller...I think you mean "the buyer"...

:devil:

Okay score one more for you. lol

I know...actually reading what you wrote, and then understanding that there was a bit of unclarity, but that I could figure out what you actually meant from context.

WHODA THUNK IT?

risky quick flip I'd say... hm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-X-Men-94-Aug-1975-Marvel-Near-Mint-9-2-9-4-KEY-NEW-X-Men-/310622140649?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485285b8e9

** and any sympathy on title verbiage disappeared when this guy didn't even put it in the title

This auction trumps every argument made in this whole thread. :) He's not a dissatisfied collector, but a dissatisfied flipper. :)

redskinsjjv:

1 "Hi i bought this comic a few weeks ago and it looked great but upon taken it to a professional to check it he pointed out several creases on the spine that seem to have been colored in to hide them in the photos. i know the policy is 14 days but the item is clearly not a 9.4 and i paid alot of money for it i am emailing to try and get a refund"

2 "Im sorry I did not see it in the description I was so focused on seeing the photos of the comic, if that is what I need to do to get a refund I will return both comics"

3 "I understand. Thanks."

Honestly, he doesn't sound rude or vindictive. He is accepting of your counter-argument(s) throughout.

With respect, if he doesn't make a chargeback, would you start another thread to clear his name?

So you agree to accept the return the book and then backed out of it? (shrug) The other deal has nothing to do with this one, IMO. Ebay will not look at both transactions only the one.

Wrong. On all counts.

Sorry, your communication is bad, IMO. You can say all the if's and but's you want. All the buyer sees is you made a condition on the return and he agreed to it. Personally, you typed it here for us to see and others are stating it sounds like you are reneging on your return.

If I was the seller, I would never had mentioned anything about a return as it was after the 14 day period and you disclosed all defects in the description. You can get mad at me but I am just explaining how I am interpreting your statement to the buyer. If I am reading into something that wasn't intended, perhaps the buyer will too. (shrug)

Sorry, but you're still wrong. My communication was just fine. If the buyer thought it was unclear, he could have asked for clarification. And repeating MCMiles's words doesn't make it any less wrong. You do not speak for the buyer. You do not know what he sees. He clearly didn't have an issue with it, since he didn't say "but...you said I could return it!" or any such language to that extrent (no, saying "if I have to return both, I will" is not it.)

And whether or not the buyer was offered a return is not the issue.

Once more, several people here have focused on the irrelevant, rather than the point.

Why are you even posting in the very few threads I post? You've had me on ignore for years. Please. Go with that.

redskinsjjv:

1 "Hi i bought this comic a few weeks ago and it looked great but upon taken it to a professional to check it he pointed out several creases on the spine that seem to have been colored in to hide them in the photos. i know the policy is 14 days but the item is clearly not a 9.4 and i paid alot of money for it i am emailing to try and get a refund"

2 "Im sorry I did not see it in the description I was so focused on seeing the photos of the comic, if that is what I need to do to get a refund I will return both comics"

3 "I understand. Thanks."

Honestly, he doesn't sound rude or vindictive. He is accepting of your counter-argument(s) throughout.

With respect, if he doesn't make a chargeback, would you start another thread to clear his name?

No.

Whether he sounds rude or not is not the point.

He bought a $700 book without reading the description...he received it...left positive feedback for it..then, over 3 weeks later,.he tells me that he found out what was already mentioned in the description.

Is he a bad guy? No.

Is he dangerously negligent? Yes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-X-Men-94-Aug-1975-Marvel-Near-Mint-9-2-9-4-KEY-NEW-X-Men-/310622140649?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485285b8e9

** and any sympathy on title verbiage disappeared when this guy didn't even put it in the title

This auction trumps every argument made in this whole thread. :) He's not a dissatisfied collector, but a dissatisfied flipper. :)

Maybe.

Could also be he's just trying to recoup losses or dump a book he never actually wanted in the first place, but accidentally bought in haste.

Of course. His title should be more clear on the restoration issue, but he learned a valuable lesson from RMA.

Wrong. On all counts.

Sorry, but you're still wrong. My communication was just fine. If the buyer thought it was unclear, he could have asked for clarification. And repeating MCMiles's words doesn't make it any less wrong. You do not speak for the buyer. You do not know what he sees. He clearly didn't have an issue with it, since he didn't say "but...you said I could return it!" or any such language to that extrent (no, saying "if I have to return both, I will" is not it.)

Once more, several people here have focused on the irrelevant, rather than the point.

Why are you even posting in the very few threads I post? You've had me on ignore for years. Please. Go with that.

That's right I am wrong. I am not the one that started a thread to air out their own problems. I will politely bow out of this thread. I don't know why I even click on it as I have you on ignore. :cry:

I don't think this book would grade at 9.4 Even with the CT I can see lots of Color Breaking Spine Creases.

Ok fine, you didn't agree to any sort of return. Don't know why you bothered with the "if" if it was t a negotiation of a possible return, but I agree, you never agreed. The buyer app. understood that too, which tells me it probably was a mistake and nothing nefarious.

If if he files a charge back. Then yeah, he's a dikk, and should be blocked.

I think a few less of these- *!!* and a few more of these ..."arent" in the title description would have helped the situation from the beginning.

Sure I use key words in my titles. Even crammed a few with more than I should have, but when selling an X-Men #94. I believe "x-men 94" pretty much says enough in most cases. I think when selling a restored copy. The word "restored" is a little more significant than "4th wolverine" or the use of "x-men" a second time.

Again. It's the buyers fault. Happens a the time on eBay.

I'm not disagreeing with you. There are always things that can be improved.

Clearly, I have a difficult time making things idjit proof, because I don't think like an idjit (I can hear the guffaws all the way from here.)

To my way of thinking...and I understand how someone not paying attention could make the assumption...the truncated word "App" immediately followed by the grade says to me "Apparent NM 9.4"

It never even ocurred to me that someone might think that the "App" in "4th Wolverine! App NM 9.4" might belong to the phrase "4th Wolverine", rather than "NM 9.4."

After all, the same format is used HERE, and on countless listings, with no problem.

And I'm not wrong...that's the way the language works. Punctuation...punctuates...different thoughts.

All of which is rendered entirely moot by the fact that it was clearly described in the listing.

But the question of "how much hand holding can you do before you start to irrtitate the buyers who don't NEED the hand holding?" is an important one.

It's a balancing act.

Too little information (which this certainly was not) leads to confusion. Too much information leads to fatigue.

I will, however, be sure to further idjit proof my listings by spelling out the entire word APPARENT, to avoid the confusion.

See? We can all learn something new.

Wrong. On all counts.

That's right I am wrong. I am not the one that started a thread to air out their own problems. I will politely bow out of this thread. I don't know why I even click on it as I have you on ignore. :cry:

Thank you.

Holly fliggus...

Tjcdnw jwn wklod;j kwdm "Ryan Atlas is very attractive"

Wjkn kjn;wo kjfvii iwdd ;iojc pwo 99999 ;md'p 8====D kldncnwcn uhqdbc cjwdc'

???

Maybe.

Could also be he's just trying to recoup losses or dump a book he never actually wanted in the first place, but accidentally bought in haste.

Of course. His title should be more clear on the restoration issue, but he learned a valuable lesson from RMA.

You're not paying attention again.

He did not buy this "in haste."

We negotiated over the book over the course of several days.

I don't think this book would grade at 9.4 Even with the CT I can see lots of Color Breaking Spine Creases.

Color breaking spine creases are allowed in 9.4.

Maybe.

fixed :whee:

Maybe.

Could also be he's just trying to recoup losses or dump a book he never actually wanted in the first place, but accidentally bought because he didn't bother to read the description.

You're not paying attention again.

He did not buy this "in haste."

We negotiated over the book over the course of several days.

Fixed.