• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Keys

51 posts in this topic

Another 12 issues in, and I believe most observers will consider Nowhere Men as the 21st century's answer to the Fantastic Four. So, IMO, though it may still be a bit early, NWM 1, in particular the TB variant, should be considered a major Image key.

Sarcasm?

If you've read the title, you'd know I'm being dead serious.

I get the similarities between the storyline, but I'm talking about significance since we're talking about key books. The Fantastic Four made regular cameos in the very first issues of the Amazing Spider-Man, introduced Silver Surfer, and are a group of superheroes well known beyond the comic book world. They aren't a top shelf franchise, but there's no way that Nowhere Men (especially 12 issues in) will be comparable to the status or significance of the Fantastic Four in terms of key books of the modern age.

which are the rare ones???

Walking Dead #1

+1

I really can`t think of any Image key with a lower print run? hm

There aren't any Image keys besides TWD #1, in my opinion. I think this whole thread is silly but it's probably because I have a different definition of a key book than others here.

Another 12 issues in, and I believe most observers will consider Nowhere Men as the 21st century's answer to the Fantastic Four. So, IMO, though it may still be a bit early, NWM 1, in particular the TB variant, should be considered a major Image key.

Sarcasm?

I get the similarities between the storyline, but I'm talking about significance since we're talking about key books. The Fantastic Four made regular cameos in the very first issues of the Amazing Spider-Man, introduced Silver Surfer, and are a group of superheroes well known beyond the comic book world. They aren't a top shelf franchise, but there's no way that Nowhere Men (especially 12 issues in) will be comparable to the status or significance of the Fantastic Four in terms of key books of the modern age.

I will read Nowhere Men #1 tonite on Comixology to see what I have been missing. My bar is high. It must be on a level of the Game of Thrones HBO show for me to like it. I must like it so much that I will want to read number #2 within minutes. I don`t have time for a potential good storyline. So we shall see if this Nowheremen is good or just MORE speculating hype. :wishluck:

Key issue's means different things to different people. How many of you considered Walking Dead #1 a key issue? Lets not kid ourselves guys...maybe 3% of you before the show.

My point of the Nowhere Men Thought bubble is this...right or wrong it's my opinion. Saga retailer came out as a $90 raw books we seen the 9.8 raise to $300 then to $500 now to $1000. Saga is amazing story! book is on issue 11. Nowhere Men is one issue 4 and the Though bubble came out of the gate raw at $120 the last 2 9.8's $800 a pop.

This book is rare for a few reasons. It was never released in the states...not even in Portland! There are 500 of these..."someone saying well the Comicspro and CBDFL was only 500" about that....those are 4th and 5th prints variations. The UK thought bubble is and will only be the only first print variant of this book! Diamond is not the most secure shippers in the world...alot of books get beat up across three states....The Thought Bubble was shipped across the pond and got lost and missed the Leeds Con...imagine what a beaten those books took?

I think when it is all said a done you may have 75- 90 9.8 thought bubbles in the world! Again some of you are saying "well the census is showing 25 already"....most of those have been pressed and show color breaks! Visible color breaks is a 9.8 deal breaker for a collector like me, I don't care who says other wise. (Look close at the ones for sale and auction now...would any of you call those 9.8's?) Who is going to be in a rush to send in 9.0 copies? In my opinion this is the rarest modern comic on the streets today...500 with some 200 trashed beyond salvage...who knows the true numbers only time will tell.

Side note...I hated this series when I read the first issue....now four into it, I understand it better...I'm ashamed to say...I will push a small child down to get to issue 5 first at my local shop!

Sarcasm?

I will read Nowhere Men #1 tonite on Comixology to see what I have been missing. My bar is high. It must be on a level of the Game of Thrones HBO show for me to like it. I must like it so much that I will want to read number #2 within minutes. I don`t have time for a potential good storyline. So we shall see if this Nowheremen is good or just MORE speculating hype. :wishluck:

It really doesn't get good until issue 3.

My point of the Nowhere Men Thought bubble is this...right or wrong it's my opinion. Saga retailer came out as a $90 raw books we seen the 9.8 raise to $300 then to $500 now to $1000. Saga is amazing story! book is on issue 11. Nowhere Men is one issue 4 and the Though bubble came out of the gate raw at $120 the last 2 9.8's $800 a pop.

This book is rare for a few reasons. It was never released in the states...not even in Portland! There are 500 of these..."someone saying well the Comicspro and CBDFL was only 500" about that....those are 4th and 5th prints variations. The UK thought bubble is and will only be the only first print variant of this book! Diamond is not the most secure shippers in the world...alot of books get beat up across three states....The Thought Bubble was shipped across the pond and got lost and missed the Leeds Con...imagine what a beaten those books took?

No argument with any of this. I will always consider the Comics Pro and CBDLF variants fourth and fifth prints. The TB variant was the inspiration for the second printing cover for crying out loud!

Side note...I hated this series when I read the first issue....now four into it, I understand it better...I'm ashamed to say...I will push a small child down to get to issue 5 first at my local shop!

:roflmao: NOW That was FUNNY!!!!!