• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Explain this to me:

9 posts in this topic

I smell SCAM.

Seems that way BUT a woman, just a few weeks ago, brought a bunch of old comics, including a beat-up copy of Batman #2, to my local shop here in NYC trying to sell them. The shop owner bought a bunch of stuff from her, but was not able to procure the Batman #2 (he wanted the ish, but the owner wanted to sell it as part of a bigger lot). Maybe this is the same woman as she is in New York and it is a beat-up Batman #2?!! Coincidence...or scam?

Gene

What does the last part mean: "PS: I am girl and I am new at this so Funny stuff"
Since the rest of her grammer and word usage aren't terribly sound, I'm assuming she meant to say "I am new at this so no Funny stuff" but left the word "no" out.

She says she'll let you see the books in person, so if you're skeptical, ask her if you can come see the book and see how she reacts to the request.