• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT'S IN YOUR COLLECTION: GUILTY PLEASURES

71 posts in this topic

I have plenty of books I am not proud of by any means, but I do have them.

Sectaurs

Atari Force

Ambush Bug

Blue Devil

Speedball

Dazzler

you get the idea.

Atari Force (at least the first dozen so issues by Garcia Lopez) would have been a damn fine book if it weren't for its lame-o merchandising-driven title!

I really liked the series in the beginning especially the different characters. I think having the name Atari Force was also its doom. When Atari interest faded so did the series. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated series with some great artwork to boot.

I'm sorry, but I feel better admitting it. Oh, and the first 15 issues of Sam and Twitch, which I actually thought were pretty good.

IT'S ALLRIGHT RED , LET IT ALL OUT YOU'LL FEEL MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU DO 27_laughing.gif

My Guilty Pleasure? My near complete run of Aardvark-Vanaheim/Renegade Press Flaming Carrot's!

Just love that book, the crude art & total absurdity of it all! They just don't make them like that anymore (some will say that's a good thing, but not me).

Guilty Pleasure... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A complete run of the original Megaton.

Eric Larsen's first comic art.

I so love Larsen. cloud9.gif

And he's a hell of a nice guy. thumbsup2.gif

Got some of those too, and they are a HOOT! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have a copy of Reid Fleming World's Toughest Milkman. Do not read it while drinking a glass of milk. It is a stone riot!

OMG! I got that in, I think it was, 1982! What a great book, it's been reprinted often. "I get my hair cut this way!" what a fun read! Terror's of Ivan!

Warriors Of Plasm (snip) Just kidding. insane.gif

You can laugh all you want, but I really enjoyed Plasm #0 and Warriors of Plasm #1 to about 5 or so. It started out great, but then just kind of got lame as sales flagged and Shooter got angrier and angrier. His editorial columns in those books are worth the price of admission all by themselves though. shocked.gif